1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Found keyword with 0$ suggested bid but has 500 searches/month

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Domain Lead Finder, Aug 31, 2015.

Hello,

I found a keyword that is interesting to me, it has 500 monthly searches and the suggested bid is 0$

Does this mean I can bid 0.01$ and the ad will show because there are 0 other advertisers bidding for the keyword?

I have never come across such a situation before and would appreciate any information from people who have had the same experience.

Domain Lead Finder, Aug 31, 2015 IP
  2. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can bid 0,01 $ but that does not guarantee you spot no.1. The thing is that someone can advertise for similar keyword and offer higher bid and then he is going to be on the top
    of search results.
    And you should learn more about quality score - CTR is one of the main factors that helps to determine CPC.
    You can try to advertise and see what is happening, then you can see your REAL competitors in keyword details.
    Good luck.

Fer0, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  3. Domain Lead Finder

Domain Lead Finder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes but that's the thing, there are no other paid adverts, nobody is currently appearing as an advertiser for even related keywords.

Domain Lead Finder, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  4. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In shortest way possible :
    You need to advertise and fine tune your account for few months and then you can expect 0.01 or 0.02 $ CPC.
    Read about quality score and how Google creates price per click then you can understand why you should do it this way.
    Regards
    P. S.
    I would like to hear someone else opinion.

Fer0, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  5. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    One more thing, if you are the Google, would you give away 0.01clicks just like that.

Fer0, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  6. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I guess you can bid that low, but you are talking about a keyword with an average of 16 daily searches. Even with the best CTR in the world, how many days would you need for a single click? Sound just like a waste of time / money to me.

King Manu, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  7. devjeetsingh

devjeetsingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    At first you will have to understand that past search history doesn't guarantee future performance for any keyword in any way. Now, let me ask if when you tested your keywords for volume, you were relying on the "local" search volume numbers? If you were, understand that "local" in that context means the country you're in. If you've set your campaign's geotargeting to any smaller area, there may be little or no search traffic available. Or, the volume could be so uncertain that the tool is unable to make an estimate.

Also, these estimates tend to be optimistic. For instance, they assume that your keyword quality scores will be in the range of 7-10. If you've actually added these keywords to your campaign, check to see if your quality scores are in that range. If they are much lower, then you'll have to bid correspondingly higher to be competitive.

devjeetsingh, Sep 9, 2015 IP