1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I monetize populated Facebook groups?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PhiladelphiaIM, Aug 5, 2015.

Hello, everyone.

I am the admin of a number of popular Facebook groups with many of them consisting of college students. One example is a "Jobs and Internships" group with 4,200 members. I also have a group with 1,000 members in the gaming niche. Two other groups with about 1,500 members each (all college students). And a few smaller groups. Where there's people, there's the potential for profit so I'm turning to my fellow DP members to ask:

How can I monetize populated Facebook groups?

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

PhiladelphiaIM, Aug 5, 2015 IP
  2. mareslo

mareslo Member

Best Answers:
    well bro you have 2 options:

1. adsense (send them to your site)

2.Do CPA offers...Just get some student loan offers or some free iphones or get idea.What i found really working good is if you post a picture of coupon you won or pizza and people really jump onto that

if oyu have any other questions fell free to ask as i will happily help

mareslo, Aug 5, 2015 IP
  3. daftdog

daftdog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly that is a CPA marketers wet dream! How active are the groups, from what Countries are the biggest % ? You should start growing these groups with paid ads through FB...you can get set up for $2 a day and turn these into a full time income...

Get yourself a generic domain name so that you can make sub domains and do redirects...

Edit*** Reading your post again....you are sitting on a potential goldmine mate...need help, let me know!

daftdog, Aug 6, 2015 IP
  4. epicbud

epicbud Member

Best Answers:
    Generally speaking, products and services reviews, with your referral link. You could use Amazon affiliate program, affiliate networks, individual sites' affiliate programs. Essentially, find good products and services which relate to your niches and use their affiliate programs.

epicbud, Aug 11, 2015 IP
  5. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldnt give him false hopes and say he's sitting on a goldmine.

To be brutally honest with you, there's no way to sugar coat this, but your amount of 4,200, 1,000 & 1,500 fans is not really a figure you can make anything from at all.

It does depend how active the group are though and whether you can provide something that is appealing to them.

Eg being as they're college students some sort of cheap college books or student discounts and perks on purchases.

But even if you actively engage your users and use Call To Actions, Facebook only reaches 10% of your fans in their timeline so less than 10% will actually see your page posts in their timeline anyway.

You need to find ways of getting them to revisit that page and see the stuff in timeline and engage with it / visit the offer etc.

You can pay to reach more people of course and boost your pages posts which can be good because some posts can get thousands of likes/shares/comments on it if you actively engage them.

But that can actually work out to be quite costly in the long run, even when you set a budget, if you keep using it, you can find out that your costs are outweighing your earnings (negative ROI).

You would have to do it carefully, find the best things to post, affiliate offers etc and the main thing to do would be to somehow try to capture those peoples into a subscriber list on your site!

At least you get something else out of it then and provides an alternative way of marketing those people with offers/deals they might be interested in via email marketing.

But you need to have pages that have like 10,000+ real fans. That way 10% of that is still 1000 that will probably see your post at least once a day.

But paying for reach again would mean you reach more peoples eyeballs but that could grow to be costly again!

It's a fine art to get right but if you get it right you can reach enough people and earn enough back through any sales/earnings and optins you get.

Just some food for thought.

Mkcoy, Aug 11, 2015 IP
    Mehdi.b and NetStar like this.
  6. info4beingrich

info4beingrich Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Mkcoy, adding your numbers up further and carefully posting engaging stuff on your pages should do the trick.

info4beingrich, Aug 14, 2015 IP
  7. Mass Marketer

Mass Marketer Peon

Best Answers:
    Great stuff here. I would create a PDF with tips and tricks (in whatever niche)
    on a subject your audience engages with and simply fill that PDF with affiliate
    links. No website needed. No hard work.

Mass Marketer, Aug 14, 2015 IP
    LadyHoldem likes this.
  8. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely go with CPA offers! You are indeed in posession of an absolute goldmine.

How to find good CPA offers? Well, ask yourself what your end users want. :]

Check out offervault.com, it's the largest database of CPA programs I know of, and you can search and sort by PRICE. (Imagine if you found a few high ticket "find a job" type CPA offers?.

Also, consider even promoting Amazon affiliate offers, especially around the holidays, because all of your clicks will be cookied for 24 hours, and people buy like crazy in Q4. :]

Just my $.02, and hope this helps!

Good luck

CandleKeep, Aug 15, 2015 IP
  9. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also have same question. I have a very targeted people in a particular industry and wanted to monetize these people.
    CPA offers aint going to work as they are webmasters themselves, how do you monetize these if you own such group?

etc, Aug 15, 2015 IP
  10. TheAnimatorGuy

TheAnimatorGuy Member

Best Answers:
    The audiences are not that big, but I bet you could create some funny college t-shirts (for example via Teespring). If people will like them, they will share them to another potential audience.

TheAnimatorGuy, Aug 21, 2015 IP
  11. legionhoster

legionhoster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just sell that group for a good price on any trusted forums? You will get like 20-40$ for this.

legionhoster, Aug 24, 2015 IP
  12. carot

carot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do you have a certain authority in those groups? Do they know you as a "trusted leader"? I'd say promote affiliate offers for gaming accessories or gaming merchandise in the gaming group... But as said before, a few thousand isn't that big for Facebook, but a few thousand that are engaged and trust you, that's indeed something else... Then i'd say, get them on a list as well ;)

carot, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  13. WANSEC

WANSEC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You might want to consider selling or advertising a product or service on the page. You promote youre own product and keep the profit.

WANSEC, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  14. Alex_design

Alex_design Peon

Best Answers:
    You can work with companies that either offer you to advertise their products or post their links with related topics. products might go quite well for your niche, but not sure if that's enough people you've got there yet. You can try the links stuff, basically, the companies would give the list of links, you pick yourself those related to your topic in the best way, you post the links in your group and get paid for every click. there are many companies offering that, like skylikes, mylikes, I know nster is a small company and so would probably take a group with any number of people. There are also companies that add a banner to any link (so you post any link at all, the banner will be shown to the poor guy that clicks, but you'll earn from that), that's quite a spammy way in my opinion, but if you are curious anyways, the companies that do that that I know if are adf.ly and linkbucksmedia

Alex_design, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  15. glennsantos

glennsantos Member

Best Answers:
    If the members are active and engaged, you can use Giver (https://giver.cf) to create a page to collect donations. I personally use it to fund my group events (more engagement that way, which leads to more donations, and so on).

But you can use it to get people to support you as group admin, too, if you want.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    glennsantos, Mar 12, 2016 IP
  16. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's so much crap here... First of all, 4,200 "followers" is not a lot... Secondly, If you happen to receive 4,200 "followers" (notice the quotes) without the slightest bit of plan or engagement then you don't have have real followers who are engaged by your content or theme. But let's say that you do.... a portion of those people probably aren't active on FB. Those who are active aren't guaranteed to see your posts... and the ones who do a portion of them will not notice or won't care. The ones who do care are minimal. Now you are hoping the ones that happen to care will care so much to click on a link then fill out some sort of form or make a payment that gives you a commission. What are the odds of making money here? It's slim...possible but slim... and if you do earn money we are looking at a small scale.

You don't have something that is unheard of. You aren't sitting on a gold mind. You have accumulated "followers" who aren't really following you because you never had a plan to begin with. Personally, I would recommend you to come up with a plan and see how many more REAL followers you can get. If you find it a struggle then the other 4,200 "followers" are just crap.

NetStar, Mar 12, 2016 IP
  17. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Cooperate with college and university and sell them the lead, from there earn some commission for successful referral.

mentos, Mar 13, 2016 IP
  18. Aaron Ward

Aaron Ward Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    gaming niche - affiliate websites for discounted games / make your own gaming gear / look into teespring

Aaron Ward, Mar 13, 2016 IP
    PhiladelphiaIM likes this.
  19. Legenda

Legenda Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have a group with 17k members. what can you recommend for monetization?

aff I know. I want to earn with posting ads in my group.

Legenda, Mar 15, 2016 IP
  20. dumbledore

dumbledore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there, one easy peasy monetization method which everyone missed is fiverr. Post 3-4 variations of a gig offering to promote the customer's link on your groups. Offer them a deal lie I will promote your website/product link in my Facebook groups of X members for X no of days or for X number of times within X days. Offer a deal which customers can't resist. You won't make in the beginning but as you gain reviews you'll notice the difference.

dumbledore, Mar 15, 2016 IP