1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Not collecting data

Discussion in 'Better Analytics' started by Henrik Bondtofte, Sep 1, 2015.

So I got the plugin to function, with the premium version verified. I have verified my domain, but there is not data in my analytics. I've tried to check up on real time and checked from other IPs than mine, but no data. It was installed all day yesterday and I have no data. I have for now disabled it and reenabled Yoast Analytics as I need my data. When doing so, I got data right away.

Anyone else experiencing this? I would really love to have this functioning.

Henrik Bondtofte, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I could take a look for you, but I'd need to know the URL of the site. Also, if it's not collecting data, you should be able to run it at the same time with Yoast so I could go digging to see what the issue might be.

digitalpoint, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  3. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Also, if you haven't upgraded to 1.1.1, you should do that. The main change for 1.1.1 was a change that fixed an issue where third party JavaScript could interfere with Better Analytics's JavaScript... specifically if something else would throw a fatal JavaScript error, it causes all JS after that point to stop running (including Better Analytics). We moved the JS execution up the chain so it should run before other stuff that might throw JS errors.

4. Henrik Bondtofte

Henrik Bondtofte Member

Best Answers:
    Hi :) I am going to publish the plugin again now. It should be updated yes. The URL is http://www.henrik-bondtofte.dk/

5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't see it running on that URL... do you have a caching system in place that might be interfering?

6. Henrik Bondtofte

Henrik Bondtofte Member

Best Answers:
    Hi again, yes, I just flushed it. As you can see the plugin is running: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf8c3e5uu765s2g/Sk%C3%A6rmbillede%202015-09-01%2019.09.44.png?dl=0

I cant seem to find any reference in the code for analytics, except your call for a file.

7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's showing up now for me... it looks like the issue is a web server permissions issue. Specifically the wp-content folder isn't allowed to be accessed by end users. You get a 403 Forbidden HTTP response from here: http://www.henrik-bondtofte.dk/wp-content/

The reason you would need to access the folder, is because the JavaScript file it uses is here:

http://www.henrik-bondtofte.dk/wp-content/plugins/better-analytics/js/loader.php?ver=1.1.1.js

If you have a custom Apache .conf or .htaccess file rule that blocks acccess to wp-content, you would need to at least whitelist the loader.php URL. Ideally it would have been nice to be able to proxy the JS through something other than the better-analytics plugin folder, but there isn't a way to do that with WordPress unfortunately.