1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I establish a Web Design & Development team without investment?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by hasibrsohel, Aug 31, 2015.

I want to establish a web design and development team but I don’t have enough money. I have some source to get web design project to run a small team. I tried to do the project by using my friends team but they do not work careful, do not provide good quality or having problem with budget.

I believe I am able to get projects to run a small team. But to establish a team, I need to buy PC, office furniture, take a space by providing advance payment. To do that, I need money, which currently I don’t have.

Is that possible to do the projects by projects by freelancing websites like Elance, Upwork, guru, etc? Please note that, my projects are cheaper and that’s why it can be difficulties to work from freelancing websites.

Please give me some idea how can I run.

Thanks in advance.

hasibrsohel, Aug 31, 2015 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Now you know why bigger companies charge more :)

If I were a designer I'd be worried about working with someone who couldn't guarantee they had the cashflow to fund 6 months of wages and office rent.

You can do it by using freelancers but if you want a stable workforce and to have control over upskilling, attendance, quality then having them in your office will be better.

sarahk, Aug 31, 2015 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    While the whole office-bit might be unnecessary in today's online world, it still sits better with customers if you have somewhere to have meetings etc. That doesn't mean your whole workforce needs to be located there. However, underbidding on projects just to get them (hence, "being cheap") isn't always wise. You need a steady cash-flow to get your business up and running (or take up a start-up loan, if available). You can, of course, base it on freelancers, but the problem with that is that you have no initial control over the quality they deliver. And if something isn't up to par, you have a problem with finding a new freelancer that does what you want. At least try to build up a contact network before you start the business, so you can call on people in your network for specific work.
    Starting a business takes money, unfortunately - the days of starting in your garage with next to no cash is rarely something that will work.

PoPSiCLe, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  4. ddesigns

ddesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well to start the company without investment is possible, you just take projects and outsource to us and we will work under your brandname, if interested pm me so that we can talk..

ddesigns, Sep 2, 2015 IP
  5. hasibrsohel

hasibrsohel Member

Best Answers:
    Will you able to ensure the quality with cheap price?

hasibrsohel, Sep 3, 2015 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Having worked inhouse and freelance I know that you get quite a different experience with both. Inhouse you have much better opportunities for upskilling, peer reviews and quality control. It's easier to see who is struggling with the workload and who is ready for new challenges.

If you use freelancers you don't have that ability to inspire loyalty and skills growth that will keep your company relevant in the long term.

sarahk, Sep 3, 2015 IP
  7. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    The reason you do not have money to build a team, even though you have been doing small projects is because you are not charging enough. Businesses grow from profits, if you cannot generate enough cash because of lowball pricing then it is not a business; it is a hobby. When I started out to build my development practice, I didn't have any money either but I charged what I was worth and built a business that today employs 40 full time people and uses as many as 60 contractors working projects that pay top dollar because we deliver top quality, top support and top security.

If you are not charging enough to make a profit, then you should find a staff job with an established company because you have no business in business. If you are not able to grow from your own work, what makes you think taking on more work for prices that do not produce a profit is going to be successful.

If you really want to create such a business then you have to prove you are worth enough money to make a profit before you are going to be able to attract the kind of high quality developers who are worth the high end of the market, not pennies from mom and pop stores petty cash. The way to proceed is you prove you can make a profit and then you grow. If you can't average $2000 a week minimum freelancing, then you should be working for someone else, because you are never going to have enough to actually build something sustainable.

COBOLdinosaur, Sep 21, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  8. MarkupBox

MarkupBox Banned

Best Answers:
    Well I think starting a business without investment is next to impossible. Either you can outsource your business to some reasonable freelancers or build a team and start working inhouse.

MarkupBox, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  9. bluebelt91

bluebelt91 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to work on design and development of website, you do not need an office or furniture. You just need a PC and your time. You can start working independently or create a team of 2 or 3 people. You do not need to pay them but you can share the complete profit with them. you can create your portfolio website and promote yourself. You can create some wordpress themes and can sell it. You can also create Shopify plugin and sell it to store. There are a lot of thing to do and do not need investement. Just your talent and time is enough. PM me if you need more info.

bluebelt91, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  10. sujata mondol

sujata mondol Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can start working as freelancer first to gather money from the works. After you have saved a good sum of money you can spend it on making a set up of your own with computers and a small place to run the work. After you build a good relation with clients and gain more confident , jump into big projects as you will have the much needed back up.

sujata mondol, Sep 24, 2015 IP