1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Shopping Cart Recommendations

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by exoticpublishing, Aug 30, 2015.

Hi,

So I've been looking to move from 1SC for years, but with it being an "all in one" package where the AR lists are tied to the SC which is a HUGE plus, plus all the work (cost) involved with the move, I said forget it.

I REALLY want to try & make this happen now. I spend $69/month, & they SUCK. Even with their new layout it's sooo UN user friendly, I can't believe they made the site harder to use than it was before.

Anyway, for the new one, I don't want to pay per month. I want to pay a one time or yearly low flat fee for a server side SC. I'm hoping not much more than $100-150.

My only concern is where the ccs are stored, as I don't want to be responsible for that PCI wise. Does this mean I have to go hosted to get around the storing of ccs?

I want it to be as user friendly as possible along with support (I know that may be extra.) I no longer need recurring billing, so that helps & this isn't an retail site. I have around 192 products, most don't even sell.

I'll be moving the lists to Aweber, so if it's somehow compatible with that, that would be a bonus.

Oh & the SC has to be compatible with the Vital platform as far as my merchant account goes.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Michelle

exoticpublishing, Aug 30, 2015 IP
  2. tinman47

tinman47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well the most user-friendly shopping cart platform out there is wooCommerce. It can be quite flexible, can handle quite a few products, and has a huge community supporting it. Next would probably be OpenCart. Not quite as user-friendly but much more professional in terms of holding a large amount of products and handling large amounts of transactions. Next would probably be Prestashop, but I since then migrated away from it because of a shipping calculator bug I couldn't fix and various PayPal issues.

Keep in mind, these are all free shopping cart platforms.

tinman47, Aug 31, 2015 IP
  3. exoticpublishing

exoticpublishing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks tinman. I should have mentioned I'm not on WP for these sites. While I really want to be, the move is just too much for me so I've been holding off for years now.

Woocommerce is only for WP, right?

exoticpublishing, Sep 2, 2015 IP
  4. Absar Naeem

Absar Naeem Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, Woocommerce is basically a plugin of WordPress. to make WordPRess website ecommerce Woocommerce had to be used. Also WordPress is very user friendly CMS and best for seo results

Absar Naeem, Sep 2, 2015 IP
  5. grafx77

grafx77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would highly recommend Opencart, as Woocommerce is extremely limited in what it can do. I used it and was really let down by its limited functionality. I think the reason why it gets so much hype from people is because its easy to install and get running, but again........it is VERY limited in what it can do and I DO NOT recommend it if your looking to have a nice professional Ecommerce store with tons of upgrades and works very well, right out of the box, without any additional modules.

Another reason to look into Opencart is because if and when you decide to upgrade certain aspects of your store, the modules (their like plugins) only cost a one time fee, where as most modules/plugins for stores like Woo, Shopify, and ThemePress force you into a monthly fee, which gets old real quick and can have you paying $100s for one small plugin.

grafx77, Sep 16, 2015 IP