1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting more traffic to my website

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by pianogirl, May 1, 2015.

So I have a news satire website that I'm trying to promote. At the moment, I'm adding 5-7 new posts a week and promoting everything on Facebook and Twitter (they have about 500 likes/followers each).

However, getting new likes/followers is very difficult, and I've tried the whole 'paying for them' and it didn't get me anywhere.

I do quite a lot of promoting via Facebook ads - normally try out with £1 and then if it seems to get a lot of interaction, I'll add more to the budget.

The traffic fluctuates, according to Google Analytics, but on average, it's getting about 70-100 visits per day.

Some days, like today, it's had over 700, because I've been doing quite a lot of promotion and one particular article is getting a lot of attention.

How can I promote my website myself? It's difficult to target keywords which are popular, since my posts are just news satire stories.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. More traffic, more followers, more likes, more shares, whatever you've got!

pianogirl, May 1, 2015 IP
  2. TB Ann

TB Ann Banned

Best Answers:
    Since you get to write a lot, maybe you can consider having a forum of your own in your site.
    This way you can improve your bounce rate and have discussions within your site and not on facebook.

TB Ann, May 1, 2015 IP
    briguy and pianogirl like this.
  3. KatnissEverdeen

KatnissEverdeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you would like Free Facebook likes, Twitter Followers, and other Social Media Networks, you should check out socialmediaexplode.com
    It is a site that can get you REAL likes, followers, or whatever you need. It has def helped many people in the Social Media Area.

You could also get traffic directed to your site from posting on other blogs or forums that are relevant to your site. If they share a common theme to what you are posting, they will want to come check out your content.

Good Luck to You

KatnissEverdeen, May 1, 2015 IP
  4. GreenLionNet

GreenLionNet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should consider blog writing and guest article submission. This way, you will get backlinks for website and it will improve your SEO score. Paid FB ads should get you decent number of visitors and likes too, did you add keywords and targeted locations properly in the ad setting?

GreenLionNet, May 1, 2015 IP
  5. dddougal

dddougal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get your news on reddit and watch your traffic explode...Facebook is usually ok for this type of thing but to make any money you need to be collecting email address's and selling to them...Your 'subscribe' button doesn't really do it, I had to look for it and i knew what I was looking for. Offer them something free in return for their email address then you have them on your list ready to buy whatever....

You are writing all this stuff yourself? Thats a lot of work for that adsense ad to pay for!

dddougal, May 5, 2015 IP
  6. pianogirl

pianogirl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I've tried Reddit a couple of times but haven't really seen anything from there, whereas I'm getting thousands of visitors from Facebook advertising at the moment. Also on Reddit, it's not letting me post much yet.

I have nothing to sell, so it's not really a case of actually getting money from the visitors. Adsense is really the only way to make money from it at the moment.

I'm currently looking to change my theme to something more suitable, but I can't really find anything. They either make the featured images look weird on the front page, or they just don't look right full stop.

99% of the writing is done by myself, yes. I started it because I enjoy it and I know it's something that I'll want to continue for a long time. It's not all about the money and making a wild profit, but it would be nice to get a few hundred pounds a year from it eventually.

pianogirl, May 5, 2015 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    By the way the AdSense ads on your satire news site are pretty obscure. I think you need to get a bit more bold with it. I'd put a large 300x600 tex/image ad on the side and two 728x90 text/image ads among the posts. You can literally triple or quadruple you earnings that way.

qwikad.com, May 5, 2015 IP
  8. pianogirl

Best Answers:
    I've added some to the actual posts - so far today I've earned £4.20 from Adsense. When did you last look at it?

9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I meant your index page when someone first lands on your site. Keep in mind not everybody is going to take action and read the articles. It's those people you will need to somehow capture.

qwikad.com, May 5, 2015 IP
  10. pianogirl

Best Answers:
    Ah, I see what you mean. I've tried adding other ads to various places, but they didn't seem to fit properly, even though I did choose the right ads.

11. sarahbui

sarahbui Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're looking to have traffic driven straight to your news satire site, I could assist you with that. Gunggo is a display network that works direct with 6,000+ publishers. If you're interested feel free to email me!

sarahbui, May 26, 2015 IP
  12. lukeSwenson

lukeSwenson Active Member

Best Answers:
    The success of your web site is directly proportional to your web site traffic. For this, you need to promote your web site in such a way that it attracts huge number of visitors. Promoting your web site may indeed be a very difficult task. It is a key factor involved in attracting traffic to your web site. Therefore, you need to be aware of good marketing strategies.You can also buy traffic from sites like SEOClerks.

lukeSwenson, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  13. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will leave aside the whole webmaster view and I am going to talk to you from a business point of view. You look like a wise girl and you know what you doing, but I think you don't take advantage of your skills properly, as somebody mentioned above.

As I know you are a writer and I think you like that. Why limiting yourself with short posts? Sure, no satire is interesting at 1000 words + but maybe it's not your best niche.
    You know why I pointed this out? Maybe you think writing is not that a big deal, but in fact is. I have to struggle my brains out to get a 600 words article. And it's not because I don't know the language or something but it's not something I like to do. Give me 100 images to edit in Photoshop and I will not feel the hours pass by. That's why I focused on gallery type websites, because that is what I LOVE to do and that makes me good at it.

I would imagine you would have that kind of blog with long and really captivating articles that I would read for hours. I don't feel this is "your thing". I might be wrong, but jmo .

King Manu, Aug 31, 2015 IP
  14. tbtoyl

tbtoyl Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to invest a budget and buy professional traffic campaigns. You can use solo-ads, our traffic system, article markeeting and so on

tbtoyl, Aug 31, 2015 IP
  15. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    Back up the promoted stories with original content.

Use twitter. Keep pushing on there, because if something goes viral it can gain rapid traction.

Also look at Flipboard. It's on all Android phones and can bring a lot of traffic.

thefandango, Sep 4, 2015 IP
  16. askmarcus

askmarcus Peon

Best Answers:
    hey there.... you can try solo ads... paid traffic which they will sent visitors to your website

or you can go to this website call buysellads.com to advertise your website there in those websites which are top rank in alexa.com

askmarcus, Sep 4, 2015 IP
  17. Syed Gilani

Syed Gilani Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Increasing Drive Traffic of your website, You can use the social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest), Other you can increase the traffic of your website is using ping sites and bookmarking sites and it's for free must try it.

Sam

Syed Gilani, Sep 14, 2015 IP