1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can a blog about programming take off?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by gfkiller406, Aug 27, 2015.

Hello. I am new to blogging. I started about a month ago with a blog about Software Development. In it i write tutorials about programming, or talk in general about How to get started or what can you do with programming. I wrote 10 articles, all over 500 words but i don't get any traffic from search engines. I posted on facebook groups but all i got was some temporary traffic. I read about seo , use SEO yoast plugin and created each post so that it has a Green evaluation dot. I currently dont have any visitors.
    Since there are so many communities of programers i kind of realised that the only way to make this blog work is by showing up on google searches. But i dont.
    Is this a sign that this blog can't take off or do i have to do write more articles to know for sure?
    And if it's too soon to figure out now, how long should i go in this manner (writting without having any visitors)?
    Also please give me some advice or pointers on how to make it work.

gfkiller406, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  2. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi, Well you should do two things. Constantly write new articles that are of high quality. Write three or two articles a week, or if you want to go further, write an article a day. And don't just write articles you need to build links to your homepage and other pages, inner pages, or articles. If you do these two you will be good in a few months. But you should know that this process will take long probably a year or so. This is normal you shouldn't be getting traffic at the start, but over time the traffic will grow and grow and grow. And software development is a hot niche. What you can do is solve problems and write about them this will help people a lot.

FarrisFahad, Aug 29, 2015 IP
    cronik likes this.
  3. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    And yes a blog about programming can take off very well, if managed well.

FarrisFahad, Aug 29, 2015 IP
  4. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure you actually know about programming before you start blogging about it.

Writing a blog about how to activate a Wordpress theme isn't going to get you anywhere.

However, how to create animations with CSS3 or how to minimize CSS or Javascript files may actually be useful to some people, just put your own twist on it.

Matthew Sayle, Aug 29, 2015 IP
  5. invierna

invierna Peon

Best Answers:
    Well it takes at least 6 months to have a good traffic and for google to start ranking you better so that you are easily found in their searches.
    you could also try submitting your link elsewhere for now, like the bing directory. That should help you withing time.
    And if you are not already, use the google webmasters tools.

You are competing with a bunch whose job it may be to do SEO for a living, and have had their blogs around longer than you, so expect fot it to be tough.

But if you really know about programming and write well without over stuffing your article with keywords, then sure it will do well, in time.
    Just one month is nothing and not the time to get discouraged yet.

invierna, Aug 30, 2015 IP
  6. Vincentas

Vincentas Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh I think this would be an interesting topic to write about! Programming tutorials will be always relevant as it is probably the main foundation of computing in general. However, when blogging, it is always important to be original, something should cacth attention of your visiotors and the main feature that could be your win in this case, in opinion is, making gifs on how to programm and describe all in text.

Vincentas, Aug 31, 2015 IP