1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Paying for traffic to social media sites fine?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Siservices, Aug 28, 2015.

I have seen lots of people who are paying well-established facebook pages to drive traffic to theirs. How people do this and will it be beneficial?
    Also, I am unaware how people are doing it and earning quite a good amount of money from it. What is the actual thing behind this. How well established facebook page can help driving traffic to these sites?

Siservices, Aug 28, 2015 IP
  2. Thetony

Thetony Member

Best Answers:
    This is an interesting question.
    Social media traffic is not as easily targetable compare to search engine traffic because we can't really drill down to the user intent.
    Think about why do you visit Facebook. One thing for sure is not to purchase a product but rather to see what's going on with your friends or colleagues.

Obviously if you use facebook pages that are in the same niche or market as your site, the traffic you get is likely to convert, but considering the message posted on the facebook pages do not reach to the number of people who actually like the page, not sure how beneficial this traffic source is though......
    In other words, you could pay a facebook page with 10,000 people liked it, but in reality only few hundred people see the info that is posted.

Thetony, Aug 28, 2015 IP
  3. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure, but its recommended you build up your own profiles and pages to get your own targeted traffic. Like @Thetony said above me, you could buy a page with 10k likes but only a few hundred people are going to see the info that's posted. It's probably not worth your time or money, so build your own for best results.

cronik, Aug 28, 2015 IP
  4. Callumm

Callumm Banned

Best Answers:
    Isn't it the same reasons as when buying traffic from sources like ultimatewebtraffic or fiverr which just to have the traffic? I haven't really tried buying traffic from social media myself, but I'd imagine it would have some impact on visibility for the site?

Callumm, Aug 29, 2015 IP
  5. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone keeps using the term "traffic".

Traffic implies people are visiting your website.

When you purchase a "traffic" service for less than a penny per person, you are merely buying data.

That data can be used later when you sell the website so you can show proof of "traffic".

However, it's pretty easy to spot when someone is buying data instead of acquiring traffic.

Matthew Sayle, Aug 29, 2015 IP