1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Comics.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joshie, Aug 27, 2015.

Recently I have started reading a lot of comics, started paying subscriptions for prints of almost every icon characters such as Batman, Superman, Hulk, Amazing Spider-Man, The Flash, Green Lantern, Justice League, Deadpool and Old Logan. Will be adding 2 more in a couple of days for All-New X-Men and All-New Wolverine. Well maybe 3 comics that is if I decide to get Aquaman but I am in the should I or shouldn't I situation.

Last week I won the best offer on Ebay for a complete set of Blackest night and brightest day for $300 which is somewhat a steal considering that they are what bought the Green Lantern from the bottom to the top on same level of icon characters like Batman and Superman by DC when DC bought in the writer Geoff Johns which is considered the best comics writer (in early 2010s when he started writing blackest night/brightest day) but now he is no longer writing for Green Lantern as he moved onto other characters but under the same company DC comics but on Justice League and Aquaman.

Ever since in June I believe? I went from zero comics to about 500-600 comics in just a few months by print subscriptions and buying comics off the internet or in comics store that you cannot get in mail from your subscription like the Blackest night or Brightest day. My next complete sets I am after is Rise of The Third Army and possibly the complete set of The Swamp Thing as both of them are the afterward of Blackest Night/Brightest Day set which is probably considered the best comics set in the history.

Okay enough of me blabbing about how much I am crazy over comics ha-ha! So are you into comics? If so what are your favorite characters and what comics do you have to have monthly? Either from print subscription or prefer to get every upcoming new comic from a comic store. Shame that I don't have comics store in this area but for me to visit a comics store I'd have to drive about an hour to browse some comics or to buy some comics so obviously only choice I have is print subscription which is what I also prefer anyway so to make sure that I don't miss out anything.

Joshie, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Not much of a comic book geek. Like sci-fi though. The only thing I watched recently that was Superman related was Man of Steel (the movie). Again it was more of a sci-fi type.

Why do you keep disappearing and appearing without a good-bye or hello?? :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    qwikad.com, Aug 28, 2015 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    When I was much younger, I was totally into comic books. Note that video games and even movie players for TV's did not exist then, so comic books were probably the only way to know and follow superheroes. My list of comic books that I would buy back then is long:

Superman
    Superboy
    Batman
    Aquaman
    The Atom
    Green Lantern
    Hawkman
    The Justice League
    Fantastic Four
    Spiderman
    The Hulk

On the funny side:

Archie & Friends
    Bob Hope
    The Flintstones
    The Jetsons
    Casper and Friends (youngish)
    Blondie

Yes, all of the above were monthly comics for a while.

I am sure that I am forgetting quite a few as this was many decades ago. There was one that featured a super-powered ghost (Ghostman???) and also one about wizards that battled by shooting spells at each other (no idea what that was, though I think that the word "Strange" was in the title.)

jrbiz, Aug 29, 2015 IP
  4. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The Man of Steel was a fantastic movie especially if compared to the earlier Superman films such as Superman 1, 2 and 3. I hope that the Superman the Man of Steel become a franchise film now as long as they keep up with the same quality in storyline along with the editing as well.

... And hello. :oops:

I know I keep appearing and disappearing at random times but I am not disappeared permanently though. I have a hectic schedule especially when it comes to the summer and then my schedule will be even more busier due to that Christmas is nearing rather too fast which this means I will be more busier trying to get as many as presents I can for everyone in my family. I even barely have any time to blog nowadays which that is getting somewhat frustrating for me as I feel that I can never have any time for myself or for whatever I want to do including to surf around here. But fear not my friend, I shall not be disappeared permanently!
    You have a good taste in comics especially with these characters but the question I have is how come you are not still reading some comics today? Comics are for everybody and especially now since almost every comic of characters are becoming rated as parental advisory (T+) so that mean both comics companies like DC and Marvel are targeting adults more. I suggest that you get back reading some comics especially now as the comics are much better now than before and Marvel have announced a couple of days ago that they are starting over with most of comics. That means some of comics starts over with #1. Amazing Spider-Man is one of them who Marvel will be starting over so if you buy print subscription today you'll get the #1 issue which will be very valuable in the future as it was for #1 before until now that they are starting over by going back to #1 so to give everyone a chance to start collecting the beginning of comics #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and so forth.

Joshie, Aug 30, 2015 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, it is really just a matter of time. Fulltime job, family, on the side business interests, and more really limit my reading time. I spend most of my scant reading times keeping up with the crazy politics of the day. I was a political science major in college and I follow U.S. local, regional and national politics like some people track the sports news. And, the crazy political stories that are always coming forth are probably as wild and fantastic as the comic books these days. :)

That said, I always try to see the latest comic-book inspired movies as they come out. I just went to see Antman and, while it was a very good movie, I found myself wondering why they chose that character instead of The Atom, who was much better, in my opinion.

jrbiz, Aug 30, 2015 IP