1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your Opinion is best Needed [Review]

Discussion in 'Websites' started by georgen2u, Aug 26, 2015.

I Just finished work on my web site , http://www.ibuildinteractive.com I believe am done. can you tell me if am missing any thing or suggestion
    thanks

georgen2u, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  2. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everything I can see looks good, but the portfolio page isn't working properly. Instead of seeing a portfolio, I see the shortcode! ;)

cronik, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  3. georgen2u

georgen2u Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks working on it

georgen2u, Aug 28, 2015 IP
  4. Leilani Sniffen

Leilani Sniffen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wow!! Your site looks fabulous. You put a lot of work and thought into it. I like how you designed each of the pages. Nice colors.

Leilani

Leilani Sniffen, Aug 29, 2015 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Light grey on white texts are below accessibility minimums, fixed metric (aka pixel measurement) fonts are also accessibility issues -- see the entire footer.

The "workable features now" section with the hover state hovers looks more like a rendering error than intentional design (dynamic fonts in a element using px measurements?)

Multiple h1, missing headings -- in general the use of numbered headings reeks of presentational markup instead of semantics. Breaks keyboard and accessibility navigation and means on the whole your document structure is gibberish... also means the page doesn't gracefully degrade worth ****.

Painful to watch load -- the 60 separate files (FOR WHAT?!?) alone ranges from 10 seconds to a full minute of overhead on first-load regardless of connection speed, and at nearly 4 megabytes total page size it's a train wreck of how NOT to build a website... particularly considering 90% of the content is just text or simple decoration.

Popping the bonnet it's turdpress, so of COURSE the code is bloated halfwit rubbish. No offense, that's just WP for you. Hence why you have static style in the markup, static scripting in the markup, gibberish markup bearing little if any resemblance to actual HTML, endless pointless DIV for nothing, endless pointless classes for nothing... hence the ridiculous 48.3k of markup to deliver 4.9k of plaintext and NOTHING I'd even consider to be a content image -- in other words anywhere from four to six times as much code as should have been used.

It's fairly clean in concept and has some good ideas, but between the accessibility shortcomings and bloated turdpress codebase it's a complete failure in terms of executing those ideas. My advice would be to toss it and start over.

deathshadow, Aug 30, 2015 IP
  6. raffahacks

raffahacks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice, but why don't you use flat design?

raffahacks, Aug 31, 2015 IP