1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ATI radeon Series OR Nvidia ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Andy Rubin, Nov 27, 2014.

Want to upgrade my system but little bit confuse between these two fellas .

Andy Rubin, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  2. WaveInc

WaveInc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nvidia.

It used to be the case... you know what? Let's just cut it short:
    At the top end, Nvidia still owns, but ATI doesn't lag far behind, when not at the top, Nvidia rules ATI! No contests.

WaveInc, May 18, 2015 IP
  3. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nvidia.

Nvidia has more royalties and from what it seems it will continue to be on the top.
    The top end cards are comparable. Each having their own potentials.
    The point is not so much performance by itself but the legal agreements companies make between each-other. And in this regard, Nvidia outshines radeon.

SocialSignals, May 30, 2015 IP
  4. bojan92

bojan92 Guest

Best Answers:
    i am using Nvidia graphic cards all my life, and they never let me down. So Nvidia for sure :)

bojan92, Jul 31, 2015 IP
  5. maxmaurya

maxmaurya Member

Best Answers:
    No Doubt just go with NVIDIA, choose according your needs...

maxmaurya, Aug 29, 2015 IP
  6. VpsAG

VpsAG Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a very sensitive subject, and you should go for what you prefer.
    You have to choose from the good guy nvidia ( that is using less power and has good drivers and good performance)
    or you should go for the bad guy which is ATI ( uses a lot of power and has awful drivers but good performance).
    All you can argue about these 2 is the power consumption and if that affects you in any reasons.
    So go and choose the one that you like best.

VpsAG, Sep 12, 2015 IP
  7. Ethan Lewis

Ethan Lewis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nvidia Card Best Performance And High Quality.

Ethan Lewis, Jan 28, 2016 IP
  8. wootriffic

wootriffic Member

Best Answers:
    this reply needs filtration on what makes one better than the other.
    if money isn't included into the decision, nvidia will win.
    when money is included amd wins.
    a gtx 970 is pretty much identical to the price of a r9 390. the 390 outsines the 970 in gaming at 1080. the amd really blows the doors off of the 970 when you go above 1080 into the 1440/4k or multiple monitors because you have faster bus speed and 2x of it.

the fury x beats the 980, some games are pretty close. once dx12 is standard, the fury will murder the 980 since dx12 is heavily based on mantel.
    personally i stick with amd. the reasons are due to price/performance and the fact that currently all 3 gen consoles are amd gpu. With that in mind I made an educated guess that game devs would be pushed into learning more about tweaking games to run much better on amd, resulting in more performance on amd gpu.

the 980ti is the sort of trimmed down titan x brother. a pure powerhouse.
    sli 970 will beat the 980ti slighty. and we know the r9 390 beats the 970. so you could crossfire the r9 390 and beat the performance of the 980ti at the same price.
    both the r9 295x2 and 395x2 beat the 980 ti

wootriffic, Apr 8, 2016 IP
  9. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Andy, from my point of view it depends a lot what monitor are you using, what is your current GPU and the class of the GPU you are aiming :) Because i've been using both ATI and Nvidia cards and for enthusiast class card now i would go with Nvidia and 980ti but if you want something cheaper for 1080p monitor only things can point towards ATI card :) In this case r9 390 is a good option for price to performance ratio.

VerdinaNET, Apr 12, 2016 IP
  10. kirakira2541

kirakira2541 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    NVIDIA if you have money because it more stability then AMD and more game support NVIDIA then AMD . but if you have low budget you can take AMD for good performe but not stability and consume more powers so you need pick carefully the PSU

kirakira2541, Apr 18, 2016 IP
  11. wootriffic

wootriffic Member

Best Answers:
    This is very inaccurate (amd not stable as nvidia). Most of the performance issues you see for new big titles people are anticipating are on nvida.
    The reason for this is that the majority of gamers are on amd. all 3 current gen consoles are using amd, due to this game devs need to make games run as optimal as they can on their hardware. This spills over into the pc community due to the mass amount of people sharing information on how to get the most out of the amd hard/software.
    You can simply just look up games like Dark Souls 3 performance issues, you'd have a hard time trying to find anything for amd users because they aren't having issues like the nvida users. I give support for around 4,700 gamers and streamers, i can tell you flat out, the nvida people have way more in game performance issues with games in the past 3+ years than nvida.
    There are issues when you buy a cheap card (anything not msi, asus, gigabyte) because they don't use the same quality parts on their graphic cards. they go cheap with the components that make up the cards then that directly affects performance, overclocking, and stability.
    as for a psu, you dont need to really choose carefully, simply just go seasonic. they don't lie about their wattage like everyone else. I run 4 ssds, 2 hdds, 7950, i7-3770k overclocked to 4.7ghz, msi mpower z77, 6 fans, liquid cooling, 8 items on usb, all on a 520w seasonic since 2012 without any issues. I used to run the 7950 with a massive overclock but i dont need all that extra power so i kicked it down to stock a year or two ago.

wootriffic, Apr 18, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.