1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

allow any user sendmail incoming mails - Error "User unknown"

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by thesurface, Aug 24, 2015.

Hoe can i in sendmail allow any user like so i do not need everytime re-build the access db ? is it possible?

thesurface, Aug 24, 2015 IP
  2. samirj09

samirj09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure I understand your question. Can you provide details regarding your environment and which database you are having to rebuild?

If you are talking about a simple mail server, then any users can already send email without major modifications. The only change that would need to be made is the "myorigin" value in the /etc/postfix/main.cf (assuming you are using postfix).

EDIT:
    I just realized you meant for incoming mails and not outgoing. This makes much more sense. I think what you are looking for is a catchall email address. You can find details on configuring this at http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-setup-postfix-catch-all-email-accounts/

samirj09, Aug 28, 2015 IP