1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review my community site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Tywest01, Aug 27, 2015.

I've built something. You may like it. You may not. Tell me if it works. Try it for a short period of time, then post your review here. Let me know of improvements.

www.streetbadge.com

U.S. residents only for beta testing. Sorry. Security plugin may block non-U.S. visitors.

Tywest01, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  2. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like you have a basic template up and it's not finished? What is this site supposed to be?

cronik, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  3. Tywest01

Tywest01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suppose it is a basic profile template, at the moment. But, for the user, it doesn't have to remain that way. The video gives examples to the installed theme's capabilities. A person could keep things as they are, and just go with a basic bio, or they could wipe everything away a create a truly unique layout of their own. All while manipulating design elements from the front end.

Tywest01, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  4. Alex_design

Alex_design Peon

Best Answers:
    hey, I would love to comment on each element of the website, but I am outside the us, any way to share it in some way so i can help?

Alex_design, Aug 28, 2015 IP
  5. Tywest01

Tywest01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not yet, Alex. But you could tell me what happens when someone outside of the US tries to access the site. It could give me some insight as to what message you get. There could be a way to say, instead of "Access Denied", something like "Beta testing the US. Soon, the World!". I'm not trying to alienate. I just need a couple hundred solid test users to make sure the site is robust enough to handle a global community.

Tywest01, Aug 28, 2015 IP
  6. Alex_design

Alex_design Peon

Best Answers:
    hey, here is what is gives me:

Your access to this site has been limited
    Your access to this service has been temporarily limited. Please try again in a few minutes. (HTTP response code 503)

Reason: Access from your area has been temporarily limited for security reasons

Important note for site admins: If you are the administrator of this website note that your access has been limited because you broke one of the Wordfence firewall rules. The reason you access was limited is: "Access from your area has been temporarily limited for security reasons".

If this is a false positive, meaning that your access to your own site has been limited incorrectly, then you will need to regain access to your site, go to the Wordfence "options" page, go to the section for Firewall Rules and disable the rule that caused you to be blocked. For example, if you were blocked because it was detected that you are a fake Google crawler, then disable the rule that blocks fake google crawlers. Or if you were blocked because you were accessing your site too quickly, then increase the number of accesses allowed per minute.

If you're still having trouble, then simply disable the Wordfence firewall and you will still benefit from the other security features that Wordfence provides.

If you are a site administrator and have been accidentally locked out, please enter your email in the box below and click "Send". If the email address you enter belongs to a known site administrator or someone set to receive Wordfence alerts, we will send you an email to help you regain access.

Alex_design, Aug 31, 2015 IP
  7. Alex_design

Alex_design Peon

Best Answers:
    I think "Beta testing the US. Soon, the World!" sounds really good. You can also add to that some funny image to reduce any negative emotions a visitos outside the US might get :) plus, if you pick an image catchy enough, that visitor might actually come back just out of curiosity and might share that page with friends (sorta like, see what a funny page I got today) and that might attract a couple more people for your website :)

Alex_design, Aug 31, 2015 IP