1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clarification on YouTube Ads.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Joshie, Aug 27, 2015.

I have been YouTube partner for several years now so I monetize my videos on YouTube but then when I went to my creator studio for a setting as it was the first time I looked into my settings on YouTube in a very long time and I came across this saying "Allow advertisements to be displayed alongside my videos" then a fine print underneath saying "Does not apply to videos that you monetize and videos that are claimed by a third-party." so I need some clarification. If I allow the advertisements alongside my video would I be monetizing that too? Because if not then I rather to disable that feature as that might help to catch the viewers eyes on my videos ads that I can monetize instead of seeing ads on alongside that I won't monetize unless I do monetize the alongside ads? Help me out here. The question is if I allow ads alongside my videos (top right corner of YouTube) do I monetize from that too or not?

Thanks so much for any answers!

Joshie, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  2. Karen May Jones

Karen May Jones Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think you have found the answer in what you typed. If you are already monetizing the video, then they will not run other ads on the side of the video. I think this means only one adsense account per page/video/promotion at a time.

If you are asking if you decide to not monetize your video, and choose to place ads out beside the video - will that earn you any money. I will say the answer is no, since you are directly saying not to monetize your video. For instance, maybe you don't own the content, so you have decided not to put ads on it, I don't think letting ads run out beside the content will generate money for you.

Maybe they are being polite in asking you if it is okay to run some ads if you dont have your own adsense account and the content belongs to you.

I think I'm just making a bigger confusing mess here.l It all sounded good in my head until I started typing it out. .lol

Karen May Jones, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  3. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I do monetize from my videos, I was asking will I monetize from the alongside ads or is that just YouTube their own ads that I am not monetizing from?

Joshie, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  4. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    not, monetize mean,.. all ads that appear on 1 page in video or right top ads..

CMIIW
    cheers

robyries, Aug 29, 2015 IP