1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Session duration 0.00 how is that possible?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by invierna, Aug 27, 2015.

Hi all! I started using google analytics a month or two ago. Then i forgot about it, then i checked it today.
    Now the countries i have a lot of traffic from tne seesion duratin varies from 1-5 minutes.

But then there was a list of random countries i have had 1 'visitor' from each, who spent 0.00 minutes on the website giving an average of 0,00....

Sorry but if someone spent 0 seconds on the website how were they there. Is there something i am missing about google analytics?

invierna, Aug 27, 2015 IP
  2. invierna

invierna Peon

Best Answers:
    Nevermind i figured it, was just having a twat moment

invierna, Aug 28, 2015 IP
  3. dpsingh

dpsingh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is just because the visitor did not go to other page. The visitor got exit from the where s/he landed. Actually GA algorithm as follows:
    Suppose a visitor X come to your site page 1 at 5:00 PM and exit from the same page at 5:20 PM. Means it is bounced then session duration will be 00:00:00.
    and,
    If a visitor X come to your site page 1 at 5:00 PM and exit from page 2 at 5:20 PM. Means it is not bounced and your session duration will be 00:20:00.

Remember session duration will be 00:00:00 when your bounce rate 100%.

dpsingh, Sep 8, 2015 IP
  4. jakreo

jakreo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,

It is not something by which you are suffering alone. I didn't see your reports but i am sure that maximum visits are from referral sources which all are spam. They hit your Google analytics reports very badly. These are all robot's visits or some spammers add spam visits during transition of Google Analytics data with wrong hostname.

To get rid of these, you need to implement filters so that your reports will be free from spam and you can analyze your website visitors & their behavior correctly.

If anyone need more help regarding this or creating filters to make GA reports completely spam free can contact me directly by sending a message.

Thanks

jakreo, Sep 21, 2015 IP