1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I been working on a website

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by jazmyn, Aug 23, 2015.

?

Should I accept the proposal

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    I recently got an offer from a website. They are willing me to hire as content writer there. They are offering me 10$ per article of 600-700 words. Just Need a suggestion that is this a permissible price for writing SEO based stuff just for 10$ the website seems quite fresh.

Solved! View solution.
    jazmyn, Aug 23, 2015 IP
  2. ChazB

ChazB Member

Best Answers:
    Hi!

This is a little below what I would normally charge (my average is £12 per 500 words, which is about $18). It depends on how experienced you are I suppose. If this is your first professional writing job then you may have to start at the lower price bracket and work your way up.

ChazB, Aug 24, 2015 IP
  3. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Most of them will offer at lower rate and to test the market but this will be depending on your experience as a content writer. As ChazB stated above if you are new in this field better to start at the lower rate then when you are established as a professional content writer you will be the on who will provide the asking price or depends on your agreement in the service.

KylieSweet, Aug 24, 2015 IP
  4. kellz

kellz Member

Best Answers:
    It's pretty low. I normally charge by how quick I can get it done:

1. If I can get it done in an hour, I will charge $25. If it takes two hours, $50. Three hours, $75, etc.
    2. If there is some research I have to do first in order to get familiar with the topic, I will add an extra 30 mins for research, then charge half the price of one hour, which is $12.50. So if it took me two hours, the price would be $50 + $12.50 = $62.50. You can round up to make it a solid $65 or round down to make it a solid $60.

I wrote a lot of research papers during grad school and became very good at quickly churning them out because I hated doing them.

Here is what I would do:

1. If you are good at churning out papers and you can write them in 30 mins or less, I would take the $10.
    2. I would give them exactly 600 words, nothing extra.
    3. If it takes longer than 30 mins, I would pass unless you really want the money.

If you really want the money but need help churning them out in 30 mins, send me a PM and I'll show you how I got my papers done so quickly in school.

kellz, Aug 25, 2015 IP
    WLEadmin likes this.
  5. mikhailblaze

mikhailblaze Member

Best Answers:
    I'm currently employed by an SEO company for two years, and I'm not a greenhorn in the whole content writing business. That being said, if I were starting out (let's say I resigned), I'd willingly take $10 per 500 words. Usually, it takes me one hour to write 500-word piece, inclusive of "research" (no plagiarism) and everything, so I think it's fair.

I'd charge more, like what ChazB said, if I've been in the industry for a while.

Best of luck!

mikhailblaze, Aug 25, 2015 IP
  6. WritingConsultation

WritingConsultation Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's pretty low but if you want experience and don't mind the pay, I would say go for it. You might be able to negotiate a better rate later.

WritingConsultation, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  7. jazmyn

jazmyn Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much for your suggestions.

jazmyn, Aug 26, 2015 IP
    @jazmyn
    It all depends on your experience & the proficiency you have with the required job.

If you are a newbie , I would suggest you to accept the offer & start with the work for quiet sometime , keep building your portfolio of all the work that you do & also maintain a strong relationship with your client & try to accumulate recommendations.

Later when you have got enough experience , then you can start demanding a decent price for the work that you offer & please be reminded clients are willing to pay top dollar for an expert service :)

All the best !!

phptechie, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  9. jazmyn

jazmyn Member

Best Answers:
    Another useful suggestion
    Thank you @phptechie

jazmyn, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  10. goscript

goscript Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Given how many mistakes you are having in this simple paragraph, I'd suggest you try to improve your writing quality first. Price goes hand in hand with the quality you provide.

goscript, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  11. Splash Copywriters

Splash Copywriters Peon

Best Answers:
    It's all relative. Personally, I'd never work for a rate like that. But it depends on the quality that they're expecting, how much you're looking to earn etc.

Splash Copywriters, Sep 1, 2015 IP