1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do so many people think Google is the only place to get traffic?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by danasurvey, Jun 19, 2015.

1. DravenTaylor

DravenTaylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that Google is the top dog in terms of raw traffic, but it isn't the massive lead that they portray. Also the traffic presented even in the stats I presented are biased as they do not count all the world.

The proof in this is that Twitter is rarely used in China, they have a counterpart site there that gets over 1 billion unique visitors per month from China and a number of other countries. This is site is not listed.

Also, these numbers are biased as Youtube is owned by Google. Google set it up where there are only two ways to make money on Youtube: partnership or Google adsense. Considering that Youtube only has two other sites that remotely compete with them, this is a good way to help close the market.

One other note, many of these companies have collective bargaining agreements with each other or own each other. This is where knowing how they work together can make a little step more of a leap if someone is willing to learn how it all works.

With all this said, my reason for bring this up is that Google alone is much like Facebook alone....you will make ripples in the marketing world, but are limiting yourself more than you should. Search Engines, Social Media, Social Mediums, and many other resources out there are usually free. They are the tools that can make a massive impact with time, energy, and knowing that the playground on the Internet always changes. :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    DravenTaylor, Aug 23, 2015 IP
  2. TrailerKart

TrailerKart Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear viewers,

Can anybody give me solid steps to promote my website www [dot] trailerkart [dot] com

It is mainly for latest movie trailers, teasers and related stuffs.

TrailerKart, Aug 23, 2015 IP
  3. King Manu

King Manu Active Member

Best Answers:
    On search engines perspective, Google is better than others combined. Period. For me, it was always the best search engine traffic I got.
    But I agree with that fact that you need to master social media too. I think the focus should be 50 % google 50 % social media.
    Backlinks for me, nowadays, seems just a waste of time. Quality is worth much more focus.

King Manu, Aug 24, 2015 IP
  4. legionhoster

legionhoster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah you are right....

legionhoster, Aug 24, 2015 IP
  5. Ravinder Cheema

Ravinder Cheema Member

Best Answers:
    Attention please...

Please check latest trends and if possible check your Google analytics account and traffic sources... Try to concentrate on social sites more then Google, as google owners are now planned to start a new business and appointed one Indian as a CEO of Google. What it means Google is now not a worthy business for them or might be in next few years it will face a more push back from other websites on web.

Google may be synonymous with web traffic to many people, but Facebook refers more traffic to news sites, according to recent data from traffic analytics firm Parse.ly. There’s a lot more useful data from Twitter about their content, but FB is more like a black box in terms of how it operates. And yet it’s this huge and growing traffic source.

In its quarterly Authority Report, the traffic analytics firm looked at referral traffic to the 100 top news sites, as ranked by comScore and Alexa. From May through July, 43 percent of the referral traffic came from social and 38 percent from search. Google sites - including Google.ca and Google News - and Facebook accounted for nearly three-quarters of that. By comparison, Yahoo and Twitter, numbers three and four, made up a combined total of 9.3 percent of the referral traffic.

Regards,

Ravinder Cheema, Aug 24, 2015 IP
  6. ranksonic

ranksonic Member

Best Answers:
    Wow..I'm speechless. And where do YOU get your traffic? How much time and money do you spend on SEO?

ranksonic, Sep 7, 2015 IP
  7. sabir123

sabir123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well Social media could be one of the major source of the traffic as a lot of people are using it getting huge traffic.But when it comes about search engines i think there is no comparison of google as more then 80% of the search traffic comes from google and the rest includes bing, yahoo and many more.

sabir123, Sep 7, 2015 IP
  8. redesignunit@gmail.com

redesignunit@gmail.com Banned

Best Answers:
    because 93% people use google search engine to find some thing on internet that why people choose google.

redesignunit@gmail.com, Sep 7, 2015 IP
  9. Jaspreet2787

Jaspreet2787 Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree , one can get targeted and quality traffic from Social media. These days people trust social media more. viral marketing is one thig which you can try for quality traffic.

Jaspreet2787, Sep 8, 2015 IP
  10. xjasminex

xjasminex Peon

Best Answers:
    Simple: because they are ignorant :)
    Google is a great way to get traffic but not the only one.
    There are social media ( facebook, twitter, youtube, etc ), link exchange, guest post, ...

xjasminex, Sep 8, 2015 IP
  11. shakiba.proba

shakiba.proba Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because over the years Google's staff created such euphoria so everyone would think that your website worth only as much Google loves you :) That's their strategy and they are so successful in it. A lot of people believe what media tell them, no matter what is real picture LOL

shakiba.proba, Sep 13, 2015 IP