1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Got idea, need some advices

Discussion in 'General Business' started by GeorgeCZ, Jul 17, 2015.

Hello guys,
    have to point out that I'm total newcomer here so I don't even know if this is the right section. Just please be patient with me :D

I have this awesome idea for a website but as I have almost no experience with either programming or designing. My idea is not complete and it needs to be developed a bit more. I'd like to know if this is the right place to look for someone who would be interested in this quite big project and could become co-owner and developer. Or should I try different forum?

I know I should just hire people to create it but I'm looking for someone who could make it better and offer him a chance to be the owner.

I just need to hear different opinions. Thanks everyone for every advice or criticism.

GeorgeCZ, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  2. daftdog

daftdog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your idea is to vague...if you told me what this amazing idea is then as partners I would supply the hosting, autoresponder and even buy the domain but what are the chances of you having such a great idea for a site that I haven't thought about myself...I have many shared business' with different people, from membership sites to product launches but they all gave more than just an idea....this is called a JV....joint venture! Feel free to visit the site in my signature where you will find my personal email and tell me about this amazing idea!

Here is an idea for you....lets build a new Fiverr.com type site and promote it through lots of free and paid products, we would give aweay free gigs, we would contant lots of Fiverr sellers and ask them to sell on our site, we would start pointing people from all the freelancing sites to our Fiverr type site and when they see that they can get the job done for $5b then we will steal a load of traffic from the big freelancing sites.....Yes that is an idea but putting it into practise is another thing....usually business' have lots of moving parts, an idea is not good enough. If all you had was an idea and nothing else to contribute then I would most likely say thank you and use your idea in my own way....get what I am saying my friend?

daftdog, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  3. mentat47

mentat47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the first thing you would have to tell us is what kind of website you want to build. You need to be specific.

mentat47, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  4. Thomas Unise

Thomas Unise Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Everyone who has a "big idea" but can't develop goes looking for a "partner" somewhere down the line. You guys should just say, hey does anyone want to do some free work and possibly make money?

This is like me asking a contractor to build me a hotel and if it goes well he can have some of the money. That's looney tunes.

Before asking this question, you should also include what you bring to the table other than having an idea... everyone has great ideas.

Can you market this?
    Do you know the market for this?
    Do you work in this market or have connections?
    What can this do that the competition can't?
    Is there any competition? If not, why?
    Can you sell?
    Can you preform any digital marketing task?
    Do you have any budget to contribute to growth?
    Do you know anything about brand development or User experience?
    Is this going to be a mobile app too?
    What type of site, membership? Download? Blog?

Can you answer any of these?

Or are you just the "idea" guy?

Thomas Unise, Jul 17, 2015 IP
    NetStar, qwikad.com and Matthew Sayle like this.
  5. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Different opinions on what?

We need to know the idea first :D

Matthew Sayle, Jul 17, 2015 IP
    Mehdi.b likes this.
  6. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Reading threads like this reminds me of going to the circus. Just a bunch of clowns running around with no purpose than to make me laugh.

#1. Everyone and their mothers have the next million dollar idea. An idea without implementation is like a bird without wings....completely useless. It's worth NOTHING until YOU put it in to action.

#2. For some reason people on here strangely believe that their thought up imaginary ideas that ran through their under IQ'd minds are worth the majority stake when Funding, Labor and Execution takes place. If your only role is the explanation of the invisible idea and performing the overflow unskilled work then you will NEVER be part of a team that can execute any idea.

I laughed at the original poster stating that when YOU create HIS dream he will then CONSIDER offering you a POSSIBLE role with the "company". As if anyone would ever do all that work and NOT take the majority stake right from the bat.

I then laughed even more at the clown that replied "hey I need to know more about your dream before I offer you a share of my $4.99/mo hostgator account, free autoresponder script and register a $7.99 godaddy domain name... I can't waste my time or my networth". As if this person could ever offer you something that a twenty dollar bill and a coupon couldn't get you...

Again.. these threads are simply idiotic. If you have an idea, you should take the initial steps to 1. blue print it then 2. put it in to motion by either hiring someone to create it or learning how to do it yourself. Then you can look for a legitimate partner. And if you have a sure shot million dollar idea you should consider 1. leaving your job to work on it and 2. sell your house to have the investment to execute it. Otherwise you are just another bozo with the next worthless idea.

NetStar, Jul 18, 2015 IP
    Mehdi.b likes this.
  7. laurentsabbah

laurentsabbah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I definitely think you should find someone local who has business experience in general, and if possible, someone with some online business experience would be ideal. You can then present the idea and see what they think, see if it's viable or not even. Once you establish it is viable and there is a market for it, I'd recommend maybe partnering up with that person and taking the next step which would probably be hiring a designer/programmer.

laurentsabbah, Jul 19, 2015 IP
  8. daftdog

daftdog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Everyone above has made great points but has anyone heard back from the OP about his great idea???

daftdog, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  9. GeorgeCZ

GeorgeCZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I wasn't at home for a while.
    Thanks everyone for responding. Telling you the idea wasn't my point. I wanted to know if people may be interested in something like this.
    I think it's more then clear that I'm just the idea guy.
    I'm 18 and i just don't have the options to hire someone to create it.
    I received some messages from people actually willing to help me advance.

Again thanks everyone and sorry for being too idiotic for you guys. I wanted to know if I can do at least something.

GeorgeCZ, Jul 25, 2015 IP
  10. daftdog

daftdog Active Member

Best Answers:
    After speaking to you my friend, you are not idiotic, just young and inexperienced...

Email me when you have the plan we spoke about!

Marc

daftdog, Jul 25, 2015 IP
  11. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are disappointed this fast and claiming defeat?
    If you think your idea is worth it then stay on it, persist and find a way to make it. Most people are scared to share their ideas
    so no one can copy or steal it but on the other hand they don't go ahead with it and do anything about it. I say if an idea is good enough
    share it and if you cannot implement it yourself then your fault for being lazy or incapable. Age plays no role anymore, no matter you are 18
    or 98 you can do what ever you want, just think before leaping, read more and work hard mate.

Mehdi.b, Jul 27, 2015 IP
  12. daftdog

daftdog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I spoke with the OP over email....I didn't like his idea at all but he told me the name of a company that I have checked out who he said will make a business plan for him, I also emailed them to ask about the cost of a similar idea and lets just say its more than I would/could pay and also not in the same type of niche....I smell something in the air and it ain't roses...

daftdog, Jul 27, 2015 IP
  13. Itera Research

Itera Research Peon

Best Answers:
    If you’re planning to start a new business online, but are not particularly tech-savvy, it can be difficult to know what the proper steps are to follow. This brief will get you started in the right direction. - See more at: http://www.itera-research.com/how-to-start-your-website/#sthash.p8gylN1A.dpuf

Itera Research, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  14. GeorgeCZ

GeorgeCZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Mehdi.b - I'm not claiming a defeat. I'm in contact with poeple who offered me that they can help me.

daftdog - I'm sorry but I haven't talked with anyone over email. I have no idea what are you talking about. But as soon as I can I'll sent you my idea and you can tell me your opinion.

GeorgeCZ, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  15. aditd

aditd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Great: big idea and I could do all the work in order just to be co-owner!
    My guess: at least once a day you can find something like this in this forum.

Better then this is the email: won at lottery ONLY 150.000.000$!!!

aditd, Aug 18, 2015 IP