1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

.com taken so .org or .net?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Mkcoy, May 28, 2015.

1. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would go for .net but if your site has something to with nonprofit/organization then I think it just make sense to have .org

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 13, 2015 IP
  2. Ratty

Ratty Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If I really liked a name but the .com was taken I would actually look at other tlds before going to .net or .org these days. A tld such as .io or .me would be better for my needs

Ratty, Aug 14, 2015 IP
  3. SimonKnapp

SimonKnapp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    .net, but I would seriously consider thinking outside the box for a .com domain name, or even look into expired domains or domains that are currently for sale for a quality .com extension. I have had sites with all 3 as an extension, and .org used to work extremely well for me about 5 years ago, but has since lacked. I now only focus on .com, mainly because of visitors who want to manually enter in your domain name. if it is a .net or .org, you better believe there will be a percentage of people who type in your domain with a .com anyways! just my $0.02

SimonKnapp, Aug 14, 2015 IP