1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[Review] Wordpress 404 Errors - Wordpress404.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Anveto, Aug 10, 2015.

I recently started a website to help users who run into a common Wordpress error, specifically 404 errors. The main part of the site basically describes different solutions to solving this problem. I plan on adding an articles page and adding related articles that may help people even more in the future.

I would love to hear what you guys think of http://Wordpress404.com

Anveto, Aug 10, 2015 IP
  2. coolseo36

coolseo36 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice idea. You can really get a lot out of this site if you are committed to provide one-stop information for people running into wordpress errors.
    • You should list all errors (exact text that people get to see) on your homepage. You can use accordion tabs to give it a cool user-friendly appearance.
    • After clicking on any error, a new page will open that will describe it and have the possible solutions. Again, you can show it off in very cool manner like we see on microsoft website.
    • You can go ahead and link out to wordpress support threads with similar issues and discussions as resources at the bottom of the page. This will also boost your site's SEO.

coolseo36, Aug 13, 2015 IP
    Anveto likes this.
  3. raffahacks

raffahacks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you should:
    - write a page for every error and let users see all them easily, for example with a friendly box on the homepage asking users which is the error they see
    - remove the comment section (makes the website look small) and replace it with a Contact Us
    - receive feedbacks via a small feedback "Was it useful?" box (if you don't want to code one, there are already some available, like on SiteFeedback.com)
    - remove the homepage link on bottom
    - make errors accessible via the top navigation bar in a dropdown (called something like Common Errors)

Hope to be useful. Good luck!

raffahacks, Aug 19, 2015 IP
    Anveto likes this.
  4. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the great feedback! I have added an Articles page where I will post articles relating to more specific Wordpress errors. Of course linking to relevant forrum topics is a must, another great idea.

I like having a comments section but your feedback does make me think. Once I get some more users visiting the site I will plan on implementing some of the ideas you had as A/B tests to see what works best and what users prefer.

Thanks!

Anveto, Aug 23, 2015 IP