1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Happy International Lefthanders Day!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Aug 13, 2015.

I just learned that today, August 13th, is a day to celebrate lefthanders. This is a big day for me as I am a lefthander and my wife and two kids are also lefthanders. My wife and kids are strict lefthanders in that they do everything with their left hands. I was forced to learn to write with my right hand in school, so I do that righthanded and I also bat a baseball righthanded (though I throw and kick leftie.) I can eat comfortably with either hand, too. Occasionally, I have thought about changing the doors in our home to reflect our lefthandedness, but have never taken such actions.

Last year, the four of us were eating in a restaurant and a young mom stopped at our table, in amazement, because she noted that we were all eating with our left hands. She said that she recently had her first child and it was clear that he would be a lefthander and she was worried that he would suffer from it. She was very pleased to see that an entire family was lefthanded and seemed to be doing well.

Anyway, congrats to all of us lefthanders!!!

jrbiz, Aug 13, 2015 IP
    cronik likes this.
  2. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't know there was a left-handers day, but that's good to know! I'm left-handed too, but I haven't lived with another left-handed person before... there's not enough of us! lol!

Happy left-handers day @jrbiz!!

cronik, Aug 13, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. PhiladelphiaIM

PhiladelphiaIM Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats, fellow lefty!

PhiladelphiaIM, Aug 13, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The "statistic" that I have always heard is that we are 10% of the worldwide population.

An aspect of being in the minority: I use my left hand to cut paper with scissors. However, I am so used to do this cutting with righthanded scissors that when I use lefthanded scissors (my wife got a pair once) they feel weird to me. I am much more comfortable holding the righthanded scissors awkwardly and incorrectly after to decades of being "forced" (by availability and convenience) to do so.

Makes me think, therefore, that I and the family would have problems if I did change the doors around... :)

jrbiz, Aug 13, 2015 IP
    cronik likes this.
  5. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Had problems with scissors my whole life. In school, they never seemed to have a pair of left-handed scissors and working on simple projects would be difficult because I couldn't even cut a piece of paper! Really though, that's the only inconvenience I ever had being left-handed.

cronik, Aug 13, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You're all nutty friends of Ned Flanders who owns a "Leftorium".

[​IMG]

Okely - dokely.

qwikad.com, Aug 14, 2015 IP
    PhiladelphiaIM, jrbiz and cronik like this.
  7. Benjaminss

Benjaminss Peon

Best Answers:
    Amen. My fellow lefties. And this is why I follow JRBIZ! Sorry I just saw this post. But Ill still celebrate!

Benjaminss, Aug 16, 2015 IP
  8. Anuradha Rao

Anuradha Rao Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not left handed, but somehow wish I were. In my college days, I had tried hard to learn to write with left hand. But failed miserably.

Anuradha Rao, Aug 18, 2015 IP
  9. Polly zhang

Polly zhang Peon

Best Answers:
    My grandpa is left-handed,but I'm not. Whatever,Happy left-handers day !!!

Polly zhang, Aug 18, 2015 IP