1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest $40 Infographic Design content. Payment by PayPal. Closed in 72 hrs

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by Shadowpro, Jun 14, 2015.

We are looking for an infographic to be designed to use on the Home Page of a website. The company collects used cooking oil and then sells it on to other companies to be turned into stock feed. Most of their competitors, turn the oil into bio diesel which is bad for the environment.

We need the graphics to portray the process:

Oil is cooked with and used in a commercial kitchen.
    Oil is collected in a waste bin and when this is full it is collected by the company in special trucks.
    The company then sell it to companies that turn it into animal food.

One of the company’s main points is that everything they do is good for the environment and 'green'. Most of their competitors turn the oil into bio-diesel which is really bad for the environment and waterways. The infographic needs to convey that this option is the nature friendly option, that the oil is being recycled into eco-friendly products.

Look and feel:
    I’m looking for a ‘flat’ style design that is very very simple. The target audience is people that need to be able to scan it very quickly and understand the point it is trying to make.

Pre-designed elements are fine to use- it is the look and feel and message it is conveying that is the most important.

Submissions in this thread only please. Hoping to find a winner but if no suitable designs then I reserve right to close the contest :)

Shadowpro, Jun 14, 2015 IP
    muddy786 likes this.
  2. Robert Cox

Robert Cox Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Any specific size? Do you want a company logo on it? Is there an existing website that we are to make it match stylistically? Can you explain more about why converting oil into biodiesel is particularly bad for the environment as compared to other fuel sources?

Robert Cox, Jun 14, 2015 IP
  3. Shadowpro

Shadowpro Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Size: I would envisage this fitting in a section on the Home Page that is approx 1900px wide x 600px. The infographic doesn't necessarily have to use all the space though- I am happy for white space around it, especially to the sides, if a less panoramic shape is better.
    Logo: It doesn't need the logo included.
    Style: The website is still to be designed/ built ( we have another design contest open for this.). If you look in this thread though it will give you more info about what we are looking for in the website design.
    Environment: Some restaurants end up pouring oil down the drains which is really bad for the waterways and nature. We want people to use this free service to collect their used cooking oil rather than tipping it in the drains. All of the competition sell the oil to be used for bio diesel which isn't necessarily the 'green' option that people think. Bio-diesel supposedly burns less cleanly than standard diesels and is less fuel efficient than standard fuels which in turn counteracts the positive effects that is advertised by it.

I hope this makes sense!

Shadowpro, Jun 15, 2015 IP
    muddy786 likes this.
  4. Shadowpro

Shadowpro Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Hi, and I am going to declare Muddy76 the winner :)
    Will PM you Muddy76.

Shadowpro, Jun 17, 2015 IP
    muddy786 likes this.
  5. muddy786

muddy786 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for choosing me as a winner.
    File sent payment received.