1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Website keep on Destroying My Company Online Reputation

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by kRakesh, Aug 10, 2015.

Hello,

Need your valuable advice,

One of my client has posted a negative comment, in a discussion website. so i spoke with my client and sought out the issue and told him to remove the comment. now he is not able to remove the comment because the website is not allowing him to do that. so i have send a mail to the website admin to remove the comment, first he didn't respond then he is asking money to remove the comment. so i have desided to send a legal notice to him, but i don't have proper address of him. he has given all fake address on his Domain details.how to find his address or can i send a legal notice to hosting provider. Please advice me.

Thank you

kRakesh, Aug 10, 2015 IP
  2. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you reply to his message asking for money? No decent webmaster will ask for money to remove something from their site. Sounds like you need to leave some bad reviews of his site then show them to him and tell him that if he wants them removed he will need to pay for it. See how he likes his own poison.

Mkcoy, Aug 10, 2015 IP
  3. dadaas

dadaas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you and the person who left a bad comment reply on he same comment and fixed the issue? It is a worst possible case if you remove a comment that was saying bad things about you. That means you pay to remove the bad comment and issue in a bad comment was not resolved...

dadaas, Aug 10, 2015 IP
  4. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well no because, out of site = out of mind.

Mkcoy, Aug 10, 2015 IP
  5. kRakesh

kRakesh Member

Best Answers:
    Thank for the response, actually i have asked my client to comment in a positive way, but now he is unable to login to the site. if i have to take a legal action what the process, i don't have any details of him.

kRakesh, Aug 10, 2015 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well. Technically, the comment is in no way illegal, and while you may request to have it taken down, there's no obligation for the webmaster to do so. Even though the issue has been resolved, the negative feedback is still valid - although it should be possible to counter it with a description on how it's been fixed. That not being possible is a distinct tell that the website in question is not at all serious about its business, and that one cannot trust anything on there - of course, that doesn't really help you since that's not obvious to most people visiting the site.
    I fail to see how this single comment on a single webpage will hurt your business, though. Is the negative comment showing up before your site on a Google search? If it does, you should work on building positive information on well known sites, up your rankings and generally do some advanced SEO.

PoPSiCLe, Aug 11, 2015 IP
  7. Kikot

Kikot Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all I want to ask did this comment had right grounds? Of course, some comments are made by angry client, that don't understand the issue they are writing about. You can really try to contact the hosting provider. But there is another way - just answer on that comment, if you can do it on that web-site. Give all visitors who read that comment the understanding of issue and give them facts that confirm that you are right. Sometimes anti-advertising is also advertising. There will be bad comments always. But even they can give you profit.

Kikot, Sep 8, 2015 IP