1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Moving Ruby On Rails Site To A New Host.

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Alexj17, Jan 25, 2013.

Hi

Ive been sent a zip file that contain all the files and folders such as the app, certs, config, script etc etc and told its a Ruby On Rails website that needs hosting on a new server. My host uses Cpanel and has the Ruby On Rails option. Ive setup a new one of them and see all the new files created on the server. Im assuming just copying the sent files onto the server is not enough. What other steps do i need to take to set it up?

If someone could help me that would be great. Id be happy to pay someone to guide me through it maybe on Skype. But any links to a tutorial to help my problem above should be good enough for now.

Thanks

Alexj17, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  2. robzdc

robzdc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You will have to re-run bundle install and set environment to prod... I think its only that...

robzdc, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  3. s2000

s2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does your cPanel support the latest version of Rails? You would need to check your config/database.yml file to make sure the database credentials are upto date. After that, you need to do bundle install and if your database is empty, you need to run rake db:migrate or you can run rake db:schema:load or rake db:reset, depending on your preference. Once you run it, your app should for the most part work. If there are other problems, feel free to post back. You can also find more guides and tutorials on our community site (atlantic.net/community) if you are interested.

s2000, May 31, 2015 IP
  4. iterationlabs

iterationlabs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you get this figured out @Alexj17?

iterationlabs, Aug 9, 2015 IP