1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Being attractive for web designers

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Lucas Fernandes, Aug 8, 2015.

Regards.

I've been programming a website which is going to be a marketplace for web templates. I have everything done (licenses, design, systems, everything), but I don't have any web template there, and I don't know how to be attractive for web designers and customers. I'm talking about how to innovate in this kind of market, seeing that already there are big enterprises (themeforest, etc) in this field.

Thank you!

Lucas Fernandes, Aug 8, 2015 IP
  2. Nick B.

Nick B. Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not trying to be a smartass, but seeing that you are getting into the business of selling templates, presumably quality premium ones, shouldn't you already have an idea of what's good? Or at the very least have a few groups of developers that you are in contact with to help you design a kickass site? I understand that your asking to get some free input, but if you're serious about entering such a saturated market you really should hire an experienced developer that specializes in designing or consulting marketplace sites if you don't already have a clear idea of what would likely work well.

Nick B., Aug 8, 2015 IP
    sweetpea69 likes this.
  3. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've wanted to set up my own theme marketplace in the past, and part of my plan was to prepare a bunch of my own themes to sell. Getting the site populated with themes will be difficult at first, as web developers want to know the theme will actually sell. So, once the site is populated you will need traffic. A strong advertising campaign is ideal.. it's not going to be easy, or cheap. Good luck!

cronik, Aug 8, 2015 IP
  4. Lucas Fernandes

Lucas Fernandes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for replying. I'm really sure about the selection process of templates, and of course I want the best for my website. But my goal when posting it was to know what can be lucrative and engaging for web designers. About customers, I'll talk about it later. But even so, thank you all.

Lucas Fernandes, Aug 9, 2015 IP
  5. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    tbh, it's incredibly saturated. I come across a lot of similar sites/marketplaces that are all but abandoned. Hell, they sell ready-made clones of them.

I'd say asking a forum for an "innovative" idea is likely the last straw...how forthcoming would you be with an innovative idea? Bring the idea in a little, and narrow it to start. Any specific type of theme/template you are interested in?...would other people be?

Hardest part of picking a theme is just the sheer number of them to pick through. More info, reviews, etc., that can be given on a select number of templates ("the best"), makes it easier to decide. That's where I'd start.

At least this in way you'll have a bit more direction, know what to advertise, etc. Expand as you go.

sweetpea69, Aug 9, 2015 IP
    daveman likes this.
  6. iterationlabs

iterationlabs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Could you partner with a designer to release some premium and exclusive templates?

iterationlabs, Aug 9, 2015 IP
    daveman likes this.
  7. Nick B.

Nick B. Member

Best Answers:
    That's not a bad idea, but he would likely need to have some serious traffic and sales prior to anyone agreeing to this.

Nick B., Aug 9, 2015 IP
    daveman likes this.
  8. iterationlabs

iterationlabs Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose the deal could be that if the designer doesn't get money / attention after a certain amount of time, the designs would no longer be exclusive.

iterationlabs, Aug 9, 2015 IP
  9. octalsystems

octalsystems Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well you can fill your site with themes from other sites like themeforst with your affiliate links, this way your site would not look empty and in the mean time you can create your own theme and add the to your website

octalsystems, Aug 19, 2015 IP
    daveman likes this.
  10. justin8831

justin8831 Member

Best Answers:
    Do anybody on this thread know how to develop native andriod apps

justin8831, Aug 19, 2015 IP
  11. justin8831

justin8831 Member

Best Answers:
    Also I can come up with some designs for you of you want ... We can swap out some designs for work ? Plus cash

justin8831, Aug 19, 2015 IP