1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain Parking?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by ReaL DiGiTaL GiRL, Aug 4, 2015.

Hi
    Any One Here Who Do Domains Parking And Earn ???

I have Buyed Many Domains And Parked Them But Never Earn A Peny From Them ....!

ReaL DiGiTaL GiRL, Aug 4, 2015 IP
  2. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    have you try voodoo domain parking,.. its little hard this day for kind domain parking,.. maybe you get luck if you have a lot traffic,.

robyries, Aug 4, 2015 IP
    sweetpea69 likes this.
  3. ReaL DiGiTaL GiRL

ReaL DiGiTaL GiRL Banned

Best Answers:
    I Am Thinking About Traffic Of Parked Domain??? From Where Should I Get Them ?
    Any Tips Must Be UseFull :)

ReaL DiGiTaL GiRL, Aug 5, 2015 IP
  4. Domain Lead Finder

Domain Lead Finder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Parking is pretty much dead. You will be lucky to find a domain name that pays for its own reg free during the course of the year.

Domain Lead Finder, Aug 5, 2015 IP
  5. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't comment on how parking used to be based on personal experience, just what I've read, seen, etc. Assuming here parking isn't what it used to be, but that doesn't mean earning a bit extra each month isn't impossible. Just one of my names last month earned $50 and some change (revenue) with just one click (doesn't happen all the time), coupled with other earnings, can add up.

The majority of it comes down to the name(s) in question over which parking company to use. I've tried the majority of them. I'll second @robyries and say voodoo is a great company to use. Personally, I have all of my names at domainnamesales.com. It's a little extra work to get set-up there, but they have a team of brokers to use for handling inquiries. I also think their parking/landing pages are the best of the bunch.

With all that said, if your looking at using domain parking as a significant means of earning extra money, you shouldn't hold your breath. Best used to collect some analytics on unused names and off set the renewal fees on the names (if even possible). It can take awhile, especially when 1st starting out, to even meet the minimum payout threshold on parking payments (~$100+/month).

sweetpea69, Aug 5, 2015 IP
  6. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL what makes me laugh is that some people think that if you park a domain thats all you need to do with it and it will magically earn you millions.

A parked domain is just a website with ads on it like any other website with ads on it.

They still need traffic or they wont earn ####.

And if they are getting traffic, parking it is the worst way to monetize it anyway.

Mkcoy, Aug 5, 2015 IP
    sweetpea69 likes this.
  7. ReaL DiGiTaL GiRL

ReaL DiGiTaL GiRL Banned

Best Answers:
    @sweetpea69 Thanks for info but my main question was about traffic :)

ReaL DiGiTaL GiRL, Aug 5, 2015 IP
  8. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    "Traffic" to a parked name is the sum of multiple factors. You can have all the traffic in the world going to 1 name, but that doesn't mean jack ($$$) unless it's targeted and converting. Generally speaking, "how" is the traffic making it to my name, "why" is this traffic occurring (short/long term), and "who" actually makes up that traffic. If you can understand that on an individual name/name basis, than your efforts would presumably improve if the most "effective" ads are showing to bring you home the money, which you could attempt to duplicate with additional purchases intent on parking. But again, the (real-time/current) analytics provided by a name being parked, will generally outweigh any value/earnings you'd potentially stand to be making from that domain. Why? Because if all things point up, you'd stand to maximize your revenue developing into a site or flipping it to someone who could use it more.

The issue with most... they'll usually register a few dozen or so names they "like", may be even spend $XX - $XXX on aftermarkets and throw them on parking with no substantial ($$) outcome when it's all said and done. And what any developer, investor, etc., is looking for, would be that return in value, money in this case.

As @Mkcoy said, parking is a way to monetize a domain, but arguably the worst (easy for a reason), broadly speaking. So the amount you spend on a domain (registration cost = $12) is the investment. 9 times out of 10, you won't see that back for a given parking year, on just some randomly registered/purchased domain. And unfortunately, names exclusive to the aftermarkets that have that promising traffic are typically sold for more than what you could contrive to make from just parking the domain alone.

So...if your names AREN'T making anything from parking (near/above the cost of renewal) they should be dropped, unless you've had offers, or have plans to develop (which I'm going to assume are not the plans).

What I would do if I were you, is too look at all the info collected on your names while parked, looking for jumps in traffic, and figure out what may have caused it. If you don't have information collected over months, than you really aren't working with enough info to draw a conclusion. If it's all flat-line...than you know the names you are purchasing, probably shouldn't be.

sweetpea69, Aug 5, 2015 IP
  9. gene438

gene438 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Parking domains is dead. You are better off using the landing page to try and sell your domain.

gene438, Aug 12, 2015 IP
  10. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Parking companies offer layouts that are both landing pages to sell the domain as well as ads posted to collect revenue. Of course, some are a lot better than others. Sedo's imo, blows :eek:

sweetpea69, Aug 13, 2015 IP