1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email Marketing - Making A Loss?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by John Zoro, Jul 26, 2015.

I'm a bit confused.

I've been following a program about building a list and email marketing.

My list consists of about 60 people at the moment.

I have a follow up sequence of about 8 emails.

I have created a free report and a ebook that i am selling for $7 which is like the "full version" of the free report.

I have made 1 sale! Woohoo!

I don't see how I can make any money though unless I have a massive list.

I have been using facebook ads to grow my list and spending about $5 per day.

I have already spent a bit and I am getting about 10 new subscribers per day.

If I spend $5 a day on facebook ads that's about $150 roughly a month

Monthly Outgoings
    -----------------------
    Facebook Ads $150
    Domain Name $1
    Hosting $5
    Member Mouse $20
    Aweber $20

Total Cost $196

So I'm paying about $196 a month out.

If a "normal" conversion rate for a sales page, is about 2-4% then that means for every 100 people I get on my list, 2 will buy my ebook.

If I'm only getting about 10 people a day on my list, that means I'd have to wait 10 days before I can get 2 people to buy my book.

10 Days of Ads = $50
    2 Book Sales = $14

So I'm already $36 down there.

So what do I do?

Should I make another product, that has more content, then charge more for it?

Should I up the price on my normal ebook?

I have worked out I'd have to sell 28 copies of my ebook to just break even

What about if I create a new product that costs about like $50?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    John Zoro, Jul 26, 2015 IP
  2. daftdog

daftdog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why dont you build a list of real buyers by creating a product in the MMO niche and listing it on W+ and for every sale you get you get their email also...this is an effective and cheaper way to build a buyers list!!

daftdog, Jul 29, 2015 IP
    EPol83 likes this.
  3. Anas Asif

Anas Asif Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello friend
    Email marketing is great if USED PROPERLY email marketing is not like build an email list and start selling to them you should first BUILD A TRUST with them make your prospects like you by giving them value every one say give value but HOW ? actually you should share stuff with them for example there is a nice article you found on the internet which is related to your niche and your prospects will like it so Share it with them no problem if the traffic is going to other website
    One more way is there is a video (say on youtube) that your prospects will like share it with them tell them about it
    Give them some free stuff like tools (wp plugins or other tools that might be helpful to them)
    Give them surveys to fill
    AND MOST IMPORTANT in the First Email OVER DELIVER (Give them extra value then they asked for)
    many people take 7-8 emails to gain a good trust so i say start selling after the 10th EMAIL
    Send Email Every Day so they can learn that you are active and ready to help
    (optional)(works sometimes) after optin in you can direct them to a sales page (MAKE SURE THE SALE IS NOT MORE THEN 20$) (the product can be an affiliate product your choice)

Anas Asif, Aug 2, 2015 IP
  4. Lipipaliwal

Lipipaliwal Banned

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is a great technique used for doing the marketing of any product or brand. For email marketing, you have to build an email list and forward message on that particular mail address. It is directly marketing a commercial message to a group of people who are relevant to your business.

Lipipaliwal, Aug 4, 2015 IP
  5. EPol83

EPol83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your on the right track. The 2 to 3 percent is for direct linking mostly for affiliate offers. Today it's more like 0.05, 1 maybe 2 percent. Sounds like what you have is custom so I would shoot for a 40% plus optin rate on my landing page and with some optimizing you can hit 20% and higher for conversions to your paid product.

You can do the same with affiliate offers to you just have to separate yourself from the 100,000 other affiliate promoting the same links to the same traffic sources. You do this by creating your own free bribe and if you set it up correctly your prospect will naturally flow over to your paid offer almost like a they have to buy it kind of mindset. Takes work setting it up and then sending traffic so you can optimize the whole thing.

EPol83, Aug 4, 2015 IP
  6. cwvps1

cwvps1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should grow more your email list. Target your audience and offer them something for free that has a value and you'll get more emails. After growing your list you should start selling.

cwvps1, Aug 5, 2015 IP
  7. ca-detz

ca-detz Member

Best Answers:
    Is your content sound? Do you have enough followers?

ca-detz, Aug 7, 2015 IP
  8. epicbud

epicbud Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing will provide best results when used for longer term profits. You should be looking at your email newsletter as a magazine, not a quick profit scheme. Your subscribers are your readers.

epicbud, Aug 11, 2015 IP
  9. Nick B.

Nick B. Member

Best Answers:
    Scraping a list of emails together will not produce results. Unless you have a list of people who actually care to hear what you have to say you will be lucky to see a 5% retention rate. I'm not sure what else you have going on but I would suggest offering a weekly or monthly newsletter to your followers on social media or through your website. IMO unless you have a newsletter like this email marketing is dead unless you plan on spamming thousands upon thousands of people.

Nick B., Aug 11, 2015 IP