1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find where sites redirect is?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by cgl102770, Jul 31, 2015.

I'm working on a site that I didn't initially set up. Wordpress is installed in the root directory, though the old site is showing up online, even when I rename the index.html file. I looked in the htaccess file, and there are some redirects, but not involving the homepage url. Also, there are no redirects in the control panel. Does anyone have any suggestions as to other ways to locate the redirect? Thank you for any suggestions.

cgl102770, Jul 31, 2015 IP
  2. Nick B.

Nick B. Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please clarify what's going on, which pages you visit when you get redirected and where the redirection goes?

From your description it sounds like your have 2 websites in the root directory. A standard HTML site ( "old site" ), and a your wordpress installation. Is this correct?

Nick B., Aug 1, 2015 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Are you using cPanel? Make sure your site is uploaded to public_html. The common mistake some make is uploading their site to their home directory (home/your_account_name).

qwikad.com, Aug 2, 2015 IP
  4. cgl102770

cgl102770 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the replies. Yes, the site is in public_html.

As for the redirection, I'm not sure what's going on. The site is aaokbailbondings dot com, and I can't tell if the home page is from Wordpress or html. I tried renaming index.php, and index.htm, and nothing happened to the homepage (both files are in the root directory). Is it possible the host is slow to the point that changes like that don't immediately show?
    Thank you for any replies.

cgl102770, Aug 4, 2015 IP
  5. Nick B.

Nick B. Member

Best Answers:
    We can't tell what's going on from our end. I would contact your web host if you haven't already, or backup everything and do a fresh WP install in a clean directory.

Nick B., Aug 4, 2015 IP
  6. cgl102770

cgl102770 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, will do!

cgl102770, Aug 4, 2015 IP