1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How are you making your site mobile friendly?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by .hawaii, Jul 28, 2015.

I have a site that is automatically mobile friendly because the Wordpress theme included that feature. I'm wondering if there's more we can do.

What about static sites or other popular CMS platforms? As we all know Google is now punishing sites that are not mobile friendly. What did you do to make sure your site would not be punished?

.hawaii, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  2. Alex Byhovtsov

Alex Byhovtsov Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can try to somehow promote the idea of your mobile friendliness. Tell people who are browsing your site from mobile devices that your site is mobile friendly via pop up window, foe example. Maybe post some content on this topic in your social media accounts.

Alex Byhovtsov, Jul 30, 2015 IP
  3. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, such designs are called responsive designs, the design is compatible on mobile phones and tablets.

Andy-Jones, Jul 30, 2015 IP
  4. Anuradha Rao

Anuradha Rao Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's great that you have a responsive website - the layout of which adapts to all screen sizes.
    In a mobile site, the buttons should be large enough to be comfortably tappable.
    Buttons should be spaced apart, so users don't tap the wrong button and then get irritated.

Anuradha Rao, Jul 30, 2015 IP
  5. Eli Wheaton

Eli Wheaton Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a number of things to be done for your site to be considered mobile-friendly. I'll give you a free partial analysis. At least this way, I'm not just giving you random info you probably are already doing for your site. What is your website?

Eli Wheaton, Aug 4, 2015 IP
  6. Jimmy Verma

Jimmy Verma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Some of the best ways to make site mobile friendly http://www.sitepoint.com/10-ways-make-website-mobile-friendly/

Jimmy Verma, Aug 4, 2015 IP
  7. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you create your website in WP then no need to much changes on it, its already mobile friendly, yeah you can check your website on others device and if you think then can change on it.

Aryans, Aug 4, 2015 IP
  8. PatrickReeves

PatrickReeves Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keep your photos all in one place so that they dont take forever to load. Theres an exact system for this, but the name escapes me at the moment.
    Check your site on any mobile device you can. Find flaws and correct them.
    You are doing right by using a responsive design which is the most important step. But you should always check it to make sure, pages load fast enough, is easily viewable and so on.

PatrickReeves, Aug 5, 2015 IP