1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why Some Indian Webmasters Keep Stealing Content?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by UrukHai, Aug 3, 2015.

When I created my first web site I was about 17 years old and I am 32 now. I started to deal with some Indian webmasters when I was 24-26 years old. Can't remember exactly. I even had to get formal copğyright of some of my sites (and articles) because of fighting against content steal. I just want to know the reason why are they doing that. They don't have any faith themselves or they want to earn (steal) some easy cash? I am not accusing every Indian webmasters of course. There are many hardworking ones and I had some webmaster friends from India before. But I am just curious, why India but no elsewhere?

UrukHai, Aug 3, 2015 IP
  2. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    coz they can, and never really get in trouble for it... worse would be their adsense would get banned

pmf123, Aug 5, 2015 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, content theft is not relegated to one country, race, religion, or any other such categorization. There are thieves everywhere. You just happened to have specific experiences with one country. It is a sampling error and not statistically relevant, that's all.

jrbiz, Aug 6, 2015 IP
    ryan_uk and Karen May Jones like this.
  4. ca-detz

ca-detz Member

Best Answers:
    Sue. Yes, this is expensive. but it's self-evidently a clear breach of copyright.

Copyright laws are similar everywhere, and I doubt you'll have to register with the Indian government, but then take it up, since it's illegal.

ca-detz, Aug 6, 2015 IP
  5. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    not sure about only indian people. some from other country also stealing content.

suwandichen13, Aug 7, 2015 IP
  6. fly14

fly14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not from India, but I'm from another Asian country. In my country copyright problem is even worse than India because there is no stronger law in my country. most of the people are poor and many websites and companies had boycotted my country.

fly14, Aug 7, 2015 IP
  7. UrukHai

UrukHai Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well said. They never get in trouble for it. Google doesn't even ban adsense accounts nowadays if you don't show a proof. In my country's law, when you write an article, you don't need to get a copyright of that legally (but you can still get official ones), because you own to copyright since you write to article. I have applied DMCA and copyright stuff because of content steal on some webpages. I think Google doesn't know that or may be they ignore the law at all. I need to pay more than 100 dollars on every single copyright application since Google wants legal paper works for DMCA. If you don't send files to Google about copyright, they do nothing and it makes me sick. Copyright should be global and it should be an ethic figure of internet. It shouldn't be related with some papers or only just legal works. Google is not a court of justice.

However I know what to do next time. I will ask my advocate to warn to Google for remove to content from search (since in the law Google Search is being something like publisher and Google's behaviour is against the law) since we don't need paper works for copyright here.

UrukHai, Aug 7, 2015 IP
  8. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah it's hard to prove copyright on an article unless it is published in print or on a big site like yahoo or cnn, etc.

Google are pretty good at removing bootleg pdf files of things I have published

pmf123, Aug 7, 2015 IP
  9. Yasin Shaikh

Yasin Shaikh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why are you blaming only Indians?
    These things are happening from everywhere.

Yasin Shaikh, Aug 8, 2015 IP
  10. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its is happening more in India than elsewhere; just like most of the spammers on my forums are from India. Perhaps you could explain why?

Agent000, Aug 8, 2015 IP
    pmf123 likes this.
  11. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Who makes more money in india? Forum spammers or people who take the time to setup good sites with good articles written in good english?

pmf123, Aug 8, 2015 IP
  12. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Wait... you mean to say that there are pages based in India with good English? Where? Can I see one? Wow... talk about a unicorn in the mist!

PoPSiCLe, Aug 8, 2015 IP
  13. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not just India, but it is a serious problem that's happening to webmasters every single day. There's not much we can do about it, just focus on your site and do what you can to provide the best website possible for the viewers. People who copy other's work don't usually get far, and when they do it doesn't last long.

cronik, Aug 8, 2015 IP
  14. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I would like to give my two cents worth. Stealing of content is everywhere, India has a huge population, maybe because of these, there seems to be more Indian stealing content. But in actual fact, all country's webmasters have their bad eggs.

wisdomtool, Aug 8, 2015 IP
    ryan_uk and jrbiz like this.
  15. UrukHai

UrukHai Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't agree. There's 301 redirect thingie, I bet you know it :) They are really get quite far with it. Content thieves are passing my site in search ranking with stolen content. When they get ban (from google or dmca or adsense) They are redirecting their sites with 301 :) May be you won't believe me but a guy changed 4 domains in a year. Yeah I want to focus on my sites, my company works. But please tell me what do you feel if someone steals all your content and if he gains more than you with your own work which you have spent your hours to do it (may be days)? Can you focus on something else? They are not just stealing my cash only. They are also stealing cash from my workers too.

Let me tell you what happened a few months ago. We have made a website about 5 years ago and we placed some ads to the site. It's also a trademark now. 2-3 months ago I got a mail from adsense that the site got ban. I just checked the site and our ad placement. There were nothing wrong. Then I read Adsense notification carefully again and I figured that our site has been banned because it's not unique! I was like "what the ***". Then I checked our site content. A guy made two websites and published our all contents. One of these sites was a pure copy of mine (he also translated our contents in many languages), the other one has been created with content spinner. That's tragicomic, right? That made me unconscious for a few days. We resolved issue with adsense about 1 month later but... Done is done... I couldn't pay to workers. (since we have also invested new projects out of internet and we planned to pay salaries with ads income) I believe you understand what does content steal cost to people now.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    UrukHai, Aug 9, 2015 IP
    pmf123, cronik, jrbiz and 1 other person like this.
  16. Salman Najeeb

Salman Najeeb Member

Best Answers:
    they want to rank themselves high thats why they get money of unique cntents

Salman Najeeb, Sep 7, 2015 IP
  17. mrforum

mrforum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Those who says "it's not just India, but everywhere it happens", all knows that this happens everywhere, but the fact is india is outstanding in things like this compared to others.

I have the same experience, for example, i created a new forum, and two days ago i saw there were two new user registrations, first i glad to see that. But after checking them they were just registered to promote an affiliate link of them, even not related to my website!

mrforum, Jul 8, 2016 IP