1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Theme for web agency

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by NoDepositer, Jul 20, 2015.

Where can i get a theme perfect for a web agency?
    I would prefer to buy from a smaller company not bigger ones like elegantthemes or themeforest, or maybe from a private seller.

Any ideas?

NoDepositer, Jul 20, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    "Web agency" is remarkably vague... usually when I hear the term the word "design" is in there somewhere, in which case WHAT THE BLAZES ARE YOU OUTSOURCING FOR?!? After all, if you mean "web design agency" you SHOULD be able to build that in-house, and if you can't... well... doesn't speak well of said "agencies" qualifications.

NOT that I would EVER use an off the shelf template for ANY site, since they are universally inaccessible bloated trash that does more to piss off users and delude people who shouldn't have websites into thinking they can. The mere notion of starting out with graphics and layout before you've determined your CONTENT and how it should be marked up semantically remains utterly and completely back-assward; no matter how many sleazy scam artists and PSD jockeys will claim otherwise.

What is this agency ABOUT? What pages is the site going to have? Can you write up content -- or a reasonable facsimile of future content -- as plaintext and names of content pictures BEFORE you start worrying about layout and presentational graphics?

CONTENT FIRST!!!

deathshadow, Jul 20, 2015 IP
  3. NoDepositer

NoDepositer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your answer, i will post an longer answer tomorrow.
    The agency is a Swedish "content & translation agency".

NoDepositer, Jul 20, 2015 IP
  4. avijitbhowmick

avijitbhowmick Member

Best Answers:
    I am working as web designer and developer for more than 5+ years. I can built you a word press theme website "web agency". You just need to give me the content and some sample layouts you like.
    Then we can talk about graphics and other things like back end functions and all. My mail id is

avijitbhowmick, Jul 20, 2015 IP
  5. Nick B.

Nick B. Member

Best Answers:
    Those bigger sites you are referring to are generally just vendors and not publishers. IMO there's nothing wrong with some of those bigger well known themes because the good ones have great support and are under constant development. I've used Avada for a few of my last projects and it's worked great. I know a lot of people complain about all the page requests with some of these themes and how it slows down the site, but I'd be willing to bet that these same people do not know how to optimize their sites properly. As long as your site loads under 3 seconds you're in good shape. If it's a professional business site always use a quality CDN.

The bigger themes offer a lot of built in functionality. I still throw custom functions into every project, but a lot of the leg work is done that's going to separate my site from competitors. If you think about it, you're talking hundreds if not thousands of hours of development that's already done for less than $60.

Just something to consider before writing off some of those sites with awesome themes.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    Nick B., Aug 3, 2015 IP
    daveman likes this.