1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to save images from Twitter

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by ServantOfPriss, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I know many of you will mock me for making such a question, but this is my problem: I want to save images from a Twitter page. It's a person I've been following for quite some time. The problem is, that while I CAN view the images, I CAN'T save them with the usual method of "right click, save", due to the fact that the option never appears in the first place when I try to do so when I view the image.

So I'm hoping if there is some setting I don't know of, or if there is some way to save images at all, in Twitter. Some people on other boards (ahem /g/ ahem) have been completely unhelpful and so I was hoping you guys would be able to help me.

Thanks in advance.

ServantOfPriss, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  2. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know which browser are you using but in Firefox I just click on it with my right mouse button and the option to save the image appears in the context menu.

In any browser you can always download the whole page (with all included images). I know that this may be annoying but I guess that there is not any more universal approach. (Well, you can save a screenshot and then edit it, but that is even sillier I think.)

Devtard, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  3. xxll_martin_llxx

xxll_martin_llxx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is unusual.

What browser are you using? I've just checked with both Firefox and Chrome. I thought you may have to left click the picture first then right click > save but either way was working fine for me.

xxll_martin_llxx, Aug 3, 2015 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    For my tweets I use the image links that can be copied and pasted from the source code. For instance, in Chrome, right click, then click on View page source. Find the tweet you want to get the image from. You can search it by the tweet's title (use the Chrome's Find... option). Then copy the link that looks something like: pic.twitter.com/twow97l2OP The cool thing about this is, by itself (if placed in the browser) the link will bring up the entire tweet. If used with another tweet, it will post as an image.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    qwikad.com, Aug 3, 2015 IP
  5. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    Did you try right clicking on the image, and selecting view image? It will take you to separate page and then you can click on save image and save the it on your desktop.

Andy-Jones, Aug 3, 2015 IP
  6. Sally1423

Sally1423 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use Twitter on my phone and never ask this quastion. SO HOW to save images on my computer?))) Thanks for answers))

Sally1423, Jun 13, 2016 IP
  7. David G. Welch

David G. Welch Member

Best Answers:
    Ive had this problem sometimes, I would suggest you take a screenshot and take the image that way.

David G. Welch, Jul 5, 2016 IP
  8. Nico El Chicano

Nico El Chicano Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here is an easier way than all the other replies:

Nico El Chicano, Feb 21, 2017 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.