1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Review site

Discussion in 'Websites' started by heredia21, Aug 1, 2015.

Just launched a new site discussing various topics, review it and let me know what you think. URL is http://ntbhub.com

heredia21, Aug 1, 2015 IP
  2. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your content is pretty solid, but the website itself is nothing more than a Wordpress Theme.

What exactly are we reviewing?

Matthew Sayle, Aug 1, 2015 IP
  3. heredia21

heredia21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The theme, layout, content. There are many Wordpress themes, do you like how THIS one is setup? What should be tweaked? Should the colors be changed? Let me know if you need more ideas to review.

4. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    Here is my opinion:

1) Instead of posting all of your content on the same couple of days, schedule some posts in the future so that you are always updating your site - this makes Google happy.

2) I am not crazy about the right sidebar - get rid of the stupid Adsense ad spot (or at least hide the space with adblock on) so that you can see the whole sidebar.

Also, don't make the user manually scroll through the popular posts - they aren't going to.

You need to hit them on an impulse to get them to read more posts - they won't go looking for it.

3) Don't force the visitor to manually open the comments section. Chances are, they won't. Most people comment in reaction to other comments made. You want the user to scroll down and naturally start reading the comment - think of yourself as a user. How many times have you been reading an interesting article and start reading comments out of habit?

Why do you think forums were invented :D

4) I would suggest having a unique logo, but I see you're already working on that.

5) There is a big grey box at the bottom of the single-post page. This should obviously be removed.

[​IMG]

If I spent more time on the site - I could probably nit pick some more.

Just make sure your content stays top notch and NEVER pay for traffic or backlinks EVER!

You will do just fine...

heredia21 likes this.
  5. heredia21

Best Answers:
    There we go, much better, I previously thought you were just on this forum to get your post count up so people could see whatever you have in that signature of yours because all your responses are complaining about one thing or another, however it looks like we got some good feedback from you on this one, thanks.

6. Matthew Sayle

Best Answers:
    I only complain when complaining needs to be done :)

You have a site with good content.

You haven't taken shortcuts and you aren't trying to scam anyone (yet).

It's a sad truth that MANY people are scammed every single day because of the simple truth that they just don't know any better.

Is this your first website? I can give you some great tips on building quality backlinks for this site - it seems you don't have any yet.

PLEASE don't ruin this site by trying to take shortcuts - if you just stick it out you will be WELL rewarded.

As for my signature...

No signature will EVER make some successful.

I make my living in other areas - the signature just gives me a little something for my anti-scamming troubles.

By the way: I get 90% positive feedback and 10% negative feedback here. If I am ever wrong about something, I encourage people to bring it up. I may have been looking at something the wrong way. However, most people complain about my attitude. Keep doing this for another decade or so, you will develop a short fuse as well.

7. heredia21

Best Answers:
    I have built other successful sites, never with this many topics to cover. I fixed the footer block on posts, thanks for the heads up. I am scratching my head why I cant get the header ad to show on the home page.