1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Replacing an old site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by martinevansnet, Jul 31, 2015.

I used to be a member if a certain forum that had many many users, unfortunately the forum didn't do much social media and have a twitter or facebook page that people followed much.

The forum itself has in the past couple of months gone offline but chatting to the owner, he's now looking for an extortionate amount of money for someone to buy the site and run.

I'm looking to start a new forum but wondered if there was a way to see what the old site ranked for and where it got its best back links from.

Obviously with any forum getting good content on the site is the best way to get new users but I'd like to try and see where the old site succeeded.

There was also a website section where people needed to link to the forum in order to get a link posted f on the forum and have the site discussed there. So plenty of back links from multiple domains were achieved. Any way to scrape contact details of those sites and ask if they'd update links to new forum and sign up?

Thanks

martinevansnet, Jul 31, 2015 IP