1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much can I sell a turnkey website on Flippa?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by FarrisFahad, Jul 29, 2015.

Hi, I want to build unique websites and sell it on flippa. How much will I get for a website that has unique design and no traffic?

I just browsed flippa and saw that websites which are not unique sold for less than 100 USD.

Do you think that if I build a completely unique website, with good design, do you think I can sell it for more than 500 USD?

FarrisFahad, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  2. BranTheMan

BranTheMan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well when I design a kickass site I keep it for myself. Then I just sell the template by itself over on Ebay. Much more money to be made that way if your site doesn't have traffic.

BranTheMan, Jul 30, 2015 IP
  3. bingaccount

bingaccount Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you need to make money with website. Firstly you need promote your site to people, then you need good traffic to your site and your site can make money with CPA, adsense ad,...etc. When buyer feel your site can make profit for them. They will want to buy your site with high price.

bingaccount, Jul 30, 2015 IP
  4. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    How much do you sell it for?

FarrisFahad, Jul 30, 2015 IP
  5. rizly77

rizly77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah. That's a great idea.
    Just develop the site and keep the main template with you. if you want sell the template first in ebay. And then install the same template or site in a domain name and sell it on flippa also.
    But remember it's unique template or site. So keep it better price. If you sell it lower price at first itself. You demand of the site gonna be low.
    keep reasonable. Something like $80 only for the template and $100 for the website. Keep affordable by the use.

rizly77, Aug 3, 2015 IP
  6. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    It really depends on the domain name, its backlinks and traffic that you get on website. You can submit your site for bidding on Flippa.

Andy-Jones, Aug 3, 2015 IP
  7. kartik saini

kartik saini Active Member

Best Answers:
    its depend on your website and customer. which type website you sell and which type website people want

kartik saini, Aug 4, 2015 IP
  8. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't recommend trying that.. There are already hundreds of established flippa sellers selling turnkey websites with nice designs, and even unique contents. They have years of experience and dozens or even hundreds of positive reviews, so it would be hard to break in, additionally the demand is low, everyone wants websites with established revenues.
    I did a small write up on this last year, and now half of them had their accounts suspended too.
    It's much better to focus on creating websites that bring some revenue instead and there is a much higher demand for those and you can always sell them, even with small revenues.

DomainMagnate, Aug 8, 2015 IP
  9. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks guys for your reply. I am currently building a funny picture website. And I would like to sell the template over on eBay. I am thinking of selling it for $5 Dollars. When I finish building the template I will show it here so you can take a look at it and tell me what you think. And I am also going to tell you how many I have sold. If any of you had experienced selling websites on eBay please tell me what it is like, and what should I avoid.

Again thank you all
    I will write soon so don't miss out

FarrisFahad, Aug 9, 2015 IP
  10. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Here is the template ...
    http://humor-pixels.farrislab.net
    And until now I have sold 0 templates

FarrisFahad, Aug 16, 2015 IP
  11. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have listed the website (humor-pixels.com) on Flippa. And only one person bid on the website. The price is $1 USD and the reserve was met.
    What I would do if I listed the website again is ...
    First, I would make the action period longer. With Humor Pixels I choose a 7 day action for a starter website which cost me $9 USD. If I could do it again, I would set the period to 30 days
    Second, I would set the reserve price higher, I see other sellers sell their turnkey website starting from $59. That way if only one bid on the website, the site will still be sold for $59. And also that is because the bidding on a starter or turnkey websites is low. You could have only one bidder or even no bidders at all.

FarrisFahad, Aug 23, 2015 IP
  12. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The website is now sold. I sold it for $12. There were 5 watchers 3 bidders, with a total of 4 bids. There were 95 views on the listing.
    You should know that there were only one bid at the beginning, but when the listing time started to get close to the end the rest of the bidding where in.

So this is how a website is sold on Flippa
    Hope you learned something,
    Farris

FarrisFahad, Aug 25, 2015 IP