1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone here used BigCommerce?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by boyscout, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Sakthibalan

Sakthibalan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have used 5 ECommerce platforms , Among them Big-commerce is one of the best. It can be used by anyone who is even newer to the online shopping CMS . But you should have some coding knowledge for implementing functionalities. The Main Advantage is you can connect up to 60 Payment gateways.But i always suggest Magento, it has a well custmozied CMS for SEO. Search Engine Ranking plays the vital role in Page ranking and Traffic to your site. So Consider Magento too. Look in to Ecommerce Platrforms for Startup. http://technibite.com/2015/07/ecommerce-platforms-for-startups/

Sakthibalan, Jul 30, 2015 IP
  2. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    We have been using them since 2010, my biggest problem is they promised new things and then decided they will start charging for all new items. This has left issues in their system to slowly get fixed. Customer support lacks, since they don't care about existing customers unless the can sell you additional items. Their heads got big and they really dropped the ball.

debunked, Jul 31, 2015 IP
  3. KevinNonvize

KevinNonvize Peon

Best Answers:
    The dashboard is more than user friendly, intuitive and the system is easy to use, beautiful free design templates and very good reputation. If you have any, even small, questions - call customer support and they will always assist. Only pluses...

KevinNonvize, Sep 27, 2015 IP
  4. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    They still have not fixed a number of issues and instead of delivering what they promise they create other products for you to purchase. I am quite disappointed and we are looking to switch away from them.

debunked, Oct 5, 2015 IP
  5. philancer2010

philancer2010 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bigcommerce is a good ecommerce platform. I get to use it while im working on my client's website before. but is a bit expensive compared to shopify.

philancer2010, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  6. mohsin qureshi

mohsin qureshi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes there are some problems in Bigcommerce, like limited Email Signup Options. You can only have two email lists. One general and one for people who have purchased, but sometimes this is not sufficient. You also can not add extra fields to the signup process. Do not let this put you off just yet, there are plans to incorporate with Mail Chimp which could be a game changer. A decent developer will be able to use some custom code and funky javascript to allow you to have any signup form you can imagine.
    Another problem which I wants to share is that You cannot upload PDF’s to attach to pages within Bigcommerce. I guess it never occurred to them, or they just plain forgot it. I can’t remembered the last job I was on that a customer didn’t want to upload a PDF, frequently a brochure or product spec sheet and link to it from a page or product page. There are ways around it obviously, but you need to be able to FTP amongst other things and very few clients want to deal with that.

mohsin qureshi, Dec 9, 2015 IP
  7. SEMWORLD2015

SEMWORLD2015 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Guys, Is it Bigcommerce? If it then I wanted to say yes, I'm using Bigcommerce in my site.

SEMWORLD2015, Dec 10, 2015 IP