1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Former Muslim Preachers, Mullahs, Imams, Scholars who left Islam and converted to Chr

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Truth777, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_conversion#Conversion_to_Judaism

Wouldn't matter much if you are dead:

Obamanation, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  2. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    from your link

why is this? will you throw some light on it? how can a religion discourage someone to join them i.e. stop them from being on the right path ?

is this a religion or a race in which you can only be by birth ?

new, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  3. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Did you miss the part where Muslims are executed for conversion of any kind? What do you have to say to that?

Obamanation, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  4. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    I think we were talking about the phenomena of ACCEPTING Converts
    Muslims accept everyone with an open heart, no matter he/she is black/white ugly/beautiful
    everyone is welcome, while the case is otherwise with Judaism ?

new, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  5. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    No,you are busily trying to talk about accepting converts. Islam in these countries doesn't accept conversion or converts. It kills them. What do you have to say to that. If you are going to force me to repeat myself, I'm going to just quote the same text.

Obamanation, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  6. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    great.
    how you try to shun away from Judaism

have a look at the conversation
    so you asked how many Muslims convert to Judaism
    I said that some might but Judaism does not seem to be willing to accept them and asked that why is Judaism such a cult ?

and the response is 'Muslims Kill converts'

now how does that explain what Jews do? why don't they openly encourage others to convert to Judaism ?
    do they think that they are some sort of superior race ? will their blood become impure if they mix with other lesser humans?

new, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  7. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Yes. The topic was how many convert, and you went to the issue of acceptance. Muslims kill converts because they do not accept the conversion process, to ANY religion. Nevertheless, back on topic, there must be quite a few that try to convert to Judaism. It is, after all, a superior religion.

8. new

new Peon

Best Answers:
    why back, won't you tell us the answer that why don't Jews accept people who want to convert to their religion ?

and how exactly do you find it superior ?

new, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  9. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    It is clearly superior. Look at the distribution of wealth amongst its followers, vs that of Islam.

Barti1987 likes this.
  10. GokuDBZ

GokuDBZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It is just for getting a quick Visa. If you're a muslim, you will have a tough time coming to US/EU

GokuDBZ, Jul 30, 2015 IP
  11. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Live and let live. Here is my take on the this thread:

The Prophet PBUH did not marry a child, I understand the history is not clear on that issue for the lack of transcribers but the consensus amongst the historians that he had sex with Aisha when she had her period, which was the norm (amongst all societies alike) for such times. Yes the times have changed and thus religion needs to accommodate for that, which is my many contemporary Muslim scholars would argue against marrying woman at an early age, even thou the Prophet did it.

The Prophet was the most forgiven person on earth, even when conquering other regions. I assume you are referring to the killing of the Jews who broke the treaty with the Prophet (Jews of Bani Qurayza). If so, the prophet gave those people the option to accept his ruling (which again he never ruled to kill anyone before or after) or choose a person of whom they will accept his ruling. They ended up choosing a close "use to be" friend of theirs, Said Ibn Muad, who they thought would be better for them). He in turn gave them the punishment from the Jewish Law (Deutronomy 20:10-14). If you asked me, they would've been spared if they would have just accepted the ruling of the Prophet instead:

I think the mistake many people try to make is that a Prophet, if he was right would do right from all aspects of civilization, which is not logical since civilization itself changes meaning as time goes.

No disrespect here. But even during the Islamic Golden Age, thousands of Muslims died in the hands of Muslims when a Caliphate would go down and change hand (which it did many times).

If all the world converted to the same sect of Islam, they will find something to argue, kill, and fight each other for. This is the way life is, not just for Muslims but for everyone else. Once someone says something you don't agree with or seem a threat to your way of thinking, wars usually happen.

The thing with us Muslims, is that we like to put the blame on others before we put the blame on ourselves. Your reaction is typical from what I experienced, either blame the west, the Jews or Darth Vader, but Allah forbid you put the blame on yourselves (since the majority of Muslims are ideal... not).

This I really hate. If you speak against Jews you are anti-Semitic, if you speak against Muslims you are an Islamophobe and if you speak against homosexuals you are Homophobic. It is never a person expressing his right to free thought. People should be able to express themselves without having to worry about being labeled.

Anyone can convert to Judaism. Yes you might have different standards culturally, some sect of Jews might not accept you. However, the same can be true in all religions including Islam. I personally encounter many African Americans who convert to Islam, and many non American Muslims still refer to them as "slaves", literally. If you are really interested in understanding what entails converting to Judaism, I would advise you get your info from a local Rabbi if you have one or an online one and you will see that they will be very accepting and accommodating. I personally know of Muslims migrants who came to the US and were really taken care of by Jewish organizations after being refused help from local Masjids.

I guess that is where we disagree. Many people attempt to take some laws literally in Islam which is why it gives it a bad rep. In Islam, it is never mentioned in the Quran that "Apostates" are to be killed. In the Sunnah, the order for them to be killed is at the same level with married adultery. To understand my position and the position of many contemporary Muslim scholars is that such laws can reflect the time you are in and can indeed be halted not practiced. The same goes for cutting the hands for those who steal and all laws that would seem harsh for the time and day (the same way the Companion Omar Bin Alkhatab did when people were poor and he stopped the law to cut the hands of those who steal). Omar also outlawed something that the Prophet allowed (divorce) when he saw that the rate has been increasing. What we learn from this is that Islam can be renewed and the Sharia laws do not have to be strictly implemented.

Barti1987, Aug 3, 2015 IP