1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My new watch website, please review

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Sapphiro, Jul 30, 2015.

Hi all,
    I recently spent 2.5 months building up my new watch website. It's ready now but I'm still looking around for feedbacks before I further publicise it to public.

Do let me know if you have any constructive feedback, thanks!

URL is http://www.timing.com.sg (both this and timingtimepiece.com is my website, just 2 different url)

Sapphiro, Jul 30, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Hm. Haven't looked at the actual code, but here's some input on the design:
    The "blocks" on menu hover doesn't really work that well - perhaps see if you can find some other way to highlight the chosen menu item? Maybe just the underline (bottom border) you have now on the hover-state?
    The link-color on the main slide - blue / purple really clashes with the rest of the site's colors
    On the "Order online" page - you've put the model number first (big letters) and the name of the watch underneath (way smaller letters) - I would switch those two around - most users won't care what the model number is.
    Also, the prices (on hover) seems a little condensed - maybe add a little air between the S$ and the price?

PoPSiCLe, Jul 30, 2015 IP
  3. diggs11

diggs11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    design is good but add more content on your website like add new pages and your website homepage will be attractive

diggs11, Jul 31, 2015 IP
  4. raffahacks

raffahacks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Some suggestions:
    - change the black background to a smarter dark grey
    - slow down thumbnails to about 5 seconds per thumb to make it look smarter
    - add a little more margin to the text on the left of the thumbnail, slightly the font size and change the font to Helvetica or Helvetica Light. Then, please, don't make all fonts bold, as that may look a little ugly
    - that gold on black should be a little lighter
    - don't use always upper case letters for titles

On "Timing (Singapore) Instagram Gallery":
    - change the color to white and the background to a dark grey (but lighter than the background gray) to decrease annoying contrast between black and white
    - change to this code to add a little more space:
    <h3 style="padding: 20px; padding-top: 30px;">Timing (Singapore) Instagram Gallery</h3>
    (sorry for the inline style parameter, it's just to explain)

-increase padding on every thumb to at least 5px, if necessary display smaller thumbs

Hope to be useful! If you have any more doubts, just ask :)

raffahacks, Aug 2, 2015 IP