1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense Policy change about cookies

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by izlik, Jul 27, 2015.

Adsense is changing their policy about cookies, can someone please explain in detail what this means and what one must do?

For you who is the publisher

We want to tell you about a new policy is about getting concessions from end users in the EU, in accordance with applicable regulations and guidelines for best practices. In the policy, we indicate what obligations you have to obtain consent from end users when using products such as Google AdSense, DoubleClick for Publishers and DoubleClick Ad Exchange.

Read our new policy for consent from users within the EU as soon as possible. It means you have to get consent from end users in the EU to store and access cookies and other data, as well as for the collection, sharing and use of data when you use Google's products. The provisions concerning data ownership in your contract is not affected.

Make sure you follow the policy as soon as possible, but by 30 September 2015th

If the site or the app does not have a suitable method to provide concessions should implement now. In order to help you with this process we have gathered useful resources on cookiechoices.org.

This policy change is implemented due to regulatory requirements and best practices from European data protection authorities. The requirements are reflected in the changes we have recently conducted on Google's own sites.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,
    Google policy team

izlik, Jul 27, 2015 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Agent000, Jul 27, 2015 IP
  3. gyahoo

gyahoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    gyahoo, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  4. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Am I mistaken somehow, or is it not just about entire EU?
    Why are you mentioning the UK only.

There are many free similar tools if you make a small search in any SE.
    Personally I am still choosing from few styles of different such that would look least bothering to the visitors of my sites...

Still do not get it, why bother people with some on-page pop-ups, while if you are using Adsense, you already must have that disclaimer about cookies on some page of your site???? It's not a big deal to do it, but why the fuck?

abraxas, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  5. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Privacy... respect of personality...and other great words for things done wrong. This means that each time you CAN provide cookies to your visitors, you MUST warn them, so you do not use cookies without their CONSENT. Having a single mention somewhere in your TOS (no one ever reads) is not enough now, you should provide a clear warning. I've seen more pop-ups warning about cookies since Monday than through all my life before...

Wouldn't you be frustrated with pop-ups that "This page uses cookies"? I definitely was.

Why not popping up a warning then, stating that "sites you visit use cookies" EACH TIME YOU OPEN YOUR BROWSER?

H0stZealot, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  6. nerkis

nerkis Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

i also got the same message from google. So guys, Have you did already it in your websites?

nerkis, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  7. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well said, but I guess as long as some of us still work at least but not limited to Adsense will have to oblige....
    But that was to be expected - it happens with every such, do not know how to define it...an ERA of innovation like the internet business/// - sooner or later... Well, still there were good times in a decade or two :) ... there are and always be such.
    This nothing actually, but simply annoying in my opinion!

abraxas, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  8. UrukHai

UrukHai Active Member

Best Answers:
    It seems members of parliament has nothing to discuss nowadays. They got bore and they thought that how do they get people into trouble. It was perfect decision really. Good job morons!

That's the most useless law that I have ever seen in my life.

UrukHai, Aug 9, 2015 IP
  9. Cameron_Shareaholic

Cameron_Shareaholic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Guys,

I know we are all paying close attention to Google’s new Cookie Consent Policy (https://blog.shareaholic.com/google-adsense-publishers-need-to-support-eu-cookie-law-shareaholic-can-help/) which now requires all publishers to obtain visitor permission prior to collecting/using their data.

Just wanted to give quick reassurance that compliance doesn’t need to take more than a few minutes!

Once activated, our Cookie Consent Banner tool proactively notifies your site’s visitors that it uses cookies, and asks for visitors’ consent all in one clean, intuitive step.

Where most services are all or nothing: on or off, ours gives you geo-targeting, and the option to personalize your banner’s message. The solution is entirely free, works seamlessly on mobile, and a breeze to install on any site!

Hoping this helps to relieve any anxiety around the new requirements, and lets folks get back to enjoying the power of Adsense’s features.

All the best,

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    Cameron_Shareaholic, Aug 19, 2015 IP