1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Earn money by selling domain name ?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Sikandar786, Jul 26, 2015.

Hello guys,

Well I read somewhere about earn money by selling domain name ..okey..

If I registered a popular domain name like myjob.com or keyword reach domain like govjob or earnonline.com

can I get good amount if I register above type domain and sell them ? if yes then where ?

Sikandar786, Jul 26, 2015 IP
  2. holkapolka

holkapolka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can sell them on flippa.com, here, at namepros ebay.. Some places want money per listing.. Yes you can make money, but i have this thought that i believe in, if your name like Peter Sinclair has good reputation selling is easier.. Domains can go from $1 to $1.00.000.000 it very much depends on the buyer, domain selling is not so statistically easy to understand.

holkapolka, Jul 26, 2015 IP
  3. gilescoley

gilescoley Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can sell domains these days but names like you mentioned in your post were registered years ago, you have to be prepared to spend money to make money with domains, you cant hand-register names and expect to make a lot of money from them

gilescoley, Jul 26, 2015 IP
  4. Sikandar786

Sikandar786 Banned

Best Answers:
    yes it's very hard to find out popular and easy domain name but I got it few keyword reach domain which going to be high search on google in coming days (upcoming technology) so I m thinking to take those domain name and sell them in future ....

Sikandar786, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  5. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The way you sound, you are completely new to this business so I suggest you do a lot of reading before you register ANYTHING. Forums like NamePros are full of domainers ready to give advice or help you give a realistic value of a domain. Every other day I see people like you there that already jumped and registered 50 names which sounded great (to them) and they were wondering what to do with them, eventually dumping them as they are 99% useless. That goes double for keyworded domains. There is a reason that domain is available for registration and just because it has a few dictionary words in the name, doesn't mean you can sell it for more than a regfee.

As it was mentioned, the domains in your first post are not a very good example. Those are considered highly premium domains and even if you find one that is on the market, chances are the owner will ask tens and hundreds of thousand (heck, even millions, seen that) for it. So read a lot, focus on HOW to track value in a domain, monitor auctions to see what sells and only then you should consider entering the business yourself. ;)

Rado_ch, Jul 28, 2015 IP
    ulterios likes this.
  6. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is money to be made in selling domains, lots of it. However, you must first have the knowledge of what exactly is best to invest in BEFORE you start buying any domains.

As @Rado_ch stated, "do a lot of reading before you register ANYTHING". Reading and learning what is selling, what is worth money, how to find, where to find, etc., is the best thing you can do.

If you have any specific questions, ask and there will be plenty of people willing to share what they know. Domain investors are a very unique group of people who will share a lot of their knowledge with others. Not everything, but quite a bit. Some things are just going to have to be learned by experience.

Read and learn as much as you can about the domain investing business and that will save you a lot of money, stress and time later down the road.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    ulterios, Jul 28, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  7. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First you must remember, when you purchase any domain name at whatever price, you do not practically "own" them, but instead lease them for a year from whatever registrar you are with. Thus, buy a domain name and keep it idle for years will cost you, even if it is a little. So you will have to pay the costs multiplied with how many domains you have or else your earlier investment will go for nothing.

A rough calculation: $15 (minimal cost for a domain) x 10 domains x 10 years (maximum) = $1500, which isn't a small sum

Second, most worthy domain names are taken. If you want to purchase them, you may need to invest something like $50 to $500 at least per domain name. The renewal is still $10-$15 per year, however there's no guarantee you will be able to sell your "worthy" domain name for the price which is higher than your purchase price.

Third, new TLDs are upcomings, and trend is always changing. You will have to understand the dynamics why .com is more valuable than .net or .org and some example.newTLDs sometimes worth more than random .com. You will need to learn at least, that once .info or .co was popular but now .io seems trending.

Fourth, domainers (people who makes money buying-selling-trading domain names) do not always make profit, sometimes they make a huge loss. Also some people don't pay much respect to them, because they don't add a value to domain name nor plan to develop something on it but instead withhold or park these domains so no one can actually use them. There are also risks of copyright infringement, which you can easily find by means of search engines such as DuckDuckGo (Yes, I loathed at G****e).

There are more things to consider, however I would like to stop here with a cheap, cliche, suggestion:

If you have a lot of money to spend, you can probably start learning domaining but don't make that your primary source of income but invest somewhere else at the same time.

If you don't have a lot, but still some money, you can try a better and promising future: learn about project management, and try to project manage some websites using available services such as Elance, Freelancer, Fiverr, etc.

If you don't have money at all, you can start buying ONE domain name that you like, possibly at minimum price (there are registrars that will allow you buy NEW domain names e.g. .com only for $1 and normal annual fee), and start learning about SEO/Marketing/programming using many free available sources.

th.sigit, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  8. Domain Lead Finder

Domain Lead Finder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can quickly research the value of any domain name by using the free tool in my signature. It will give you the approximate amount of leads (potential buyers) for the domain name you typed in, and you can visit the leads to see whether they are just parked pages (other domain investors who will not pay anything more than the reg fee) or if they are small businesses that may actually need the domain name and may be willing to buy it.

Just finding a domain name with lots of leads, is just the first step. You need to look up things like the CPC for the keywords and the total number of searches for them, then you can better evaluate the potential value of the domain name to the small business you are trying to sell to.

You should not invest too much money before you know exactly what you are doing. Just blind registering domain names will lead you nowhere and leave you with an empty wallet.

Domain Lead Finder, Jul 30, 2015 IP
  9. Nick B.

Nick B. Member

Best Answers:
    It's not the names that have value so much as the quality of the domain. I'd stick to to trying to find quality aged domains with good metrics. There's a ton of these that expire or are up for auction everyday. Just do your homework on how to spot good ones (age, Domain Authority, Page Authority, Trust Flow, Whether it's indexed w/ google, etc.). Best of luck.

Nick B., Aug 2, 2015 IP
  10. HostHonor

HostHonor Member

Best Answers:
    Selling your domain name does not depend only on how good your domain is, but also on reaching the right buyer "end user" on and this requires a good domain marketing skills, effort and patience.

HostHonor, Aug 6, 2015 IP
  11. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed ... I once read it is not only a matter of acquiring assets that you want to re-sell later, but also you need to be actively marketing it.

th.sigit, Aug 7, 2015 IP
  12. Nick B.

Nick B. Member

Best Answers:
    If you can't find a buyer and are willing to sell a quality domain at a discount you may be able to sell it to a re-seller. There are a number of small re-sellers around.

Nick B., Aug 7, 2015 IP
  13. shaon99

shaon99 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    your Domain of your website will not depend only how very good your sector is, and also on achieving the best consumer on this also takes a very good sector promoting abilities, hard work along with patience. You can buy chip domain price hare. More information visited my Domain Price site

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    shaon99, Aug 12, 2015 IP
  14. gene438

gene438 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would never suggest domain flipping if you are under any time constraint.....it just doesn't work that way. In my opinion, it is more like buying undeveloped land...you might have a vision that it is worth something, but you have to wait maybe for years for someone in the market to come along and have the same vision as you.

At the end of the day, you can throw out all the appraisals, all the pundits, all the experts, etc. because a domain name is only worth what someone at that time is willing to pay for it. So, if you are looking for liquidity, do not invest in domain names...but if you have patience and the right vision, you can make good money.

my 2 cents.

gene438, Aug 12, 2015 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  15. Salman Najeeb

Salman Najeeb Member

Best Answers:
    first search the domain which has a keyword then check that keyword's worth on google adword if that keyword have low competition and good search go for it it will help you in earning money

Salman Najeeb, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  16. VpsAG

VpsAG Peon

Best Answers:
    Beside what the others have stated, you must take into consideration lawsuits and copyright laws. For example if you buy yahoop.com , you might be under a copyright protection from Yahoo Corporation and they may take your domain to court in order for you not to impersonate their Brand, on which they must have protection for sure.

VpsAG, Sep 12, 2015 IP
  17. ss330662

ss330662 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes of course you earn money from your domain. if your domain name is popular and unique...

ss330662, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  18. oyeahei

oyeahei Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to make money from reselling Domains, you must be patient enough and willing to do extensive research and findings on keywords and profitability.
    Nevertheless, if you have enough capital to start up, you wouldn't need to wait for long before selling domain off!

oyeahei, Mar 18, 2017 IP
  19. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You know this is an old post right? Check the date first...

superrichguy, Apr 10, 2017 IP