1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Nofollow links from trustworthy website, Is a ranking factor for search results page?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Tutor Pace, Jul 24, 2015.

Pretty General Question about NoFollow links!

"Traffic through NoFollow links is a ranking factor, if the Backlink is relevant and from trustworthy site."
    Is this right or totally rubbish?

Someone says me that if we have some nofollow backlinks from quality website and if those backilinks give good relevant traffic, Google also count the traffic from those links and boost our rank position for that keyword phrase. But, I am totally disagree with him.

As i think, Google only track CTR of results page. For Example, For a keywords phrase, A webpage ranked on 6th position but have more satisfactory click rate than 2nd and 3rd. Search engine may consider it as ranking factor, But, What about satisfactory nofollow links from several website? Are nofollow links also have impact in search engine results position?

Tutor Pace, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  2. Jacob.k

Jacob.k Active Member

Best Answers:
    they are "indirect" ranking factor, because google in algorithm appreciates link diversity.

If you have good traffic, of course google will see that... but I doubt it will give you some jump in search engine... You would maybe get bigger jump if people search your key phrase on google.

CTR is something that surely plays the role but I doubt they are more important than links.
    I don't know what to answer on other questions... test it! :D

Jacob.k, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  3. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    These links will help in SERP as they make backlink earning look natural to google.

jaguar34, Jul 26, 2015 IP
  4. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    nofollow links are good because they show how much your website is famous. Think about it like a completely random audience. BUT this audience has something in common, which is: its readers love your website.

5. Pawan Kumar Singh

Pawan Kumar Singh Member

Best Answers:
    According to me link with high PR Site with relevant category is the factor for SERPs. (no matter of no follow and do follow.)

Pawan Kumar Singh, Jul 27, 2015 IP
  6. Jacob.k

Jacob.k Active Member

Best Answers:
    according to you? :D

Jacob.k, Jul 27, 2015 IP
  7. RULE

RULE Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would make it clear here.
    When it comes to ranking there is not only 1 factor there are thousands of factors involved.
    Nofollow means links won't be counted which means the link juice won't be calculated. However i have seen that many nofollow links do rank in search engine becz of authority.
    So if you are focused on ranking, don't just work on CTR, google doesn't just focus on CTR to rank, as i said there are many factors.
    Believe in the concept called Relevant Links = Relevant traffic will get you better ranking and natural traffic.
    Don't focus like on wether the link is nofollow or dofollow, becz if you do that then it means you are focused too much on ranking. You can have a diverse link profile which consist of nofollow and dofollow both. You must consider both if you want to stay away from Google Penalty!
    Create natural content, quality high pr links ! tat's the mantra

RULE, Jul 28, 2015 IP
    Jacob.k likes this.
  8. PayalSharma

PayalSharma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it doesnt give any value to the website if the backlink is no follow

PayalSharma, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  9. RULE

RULE Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Buy you don't have to think in that way, becz most of the links are no follow nowadays. Google has done this becz they don't want users to abuse the system by constantly focusing on backlinks. The problem is that many users try to buy links and get backlinks instantly that's not what google want.

What Google needs is natural links. Natural links are hard but its not impossible also. Natural links gets traffic and also reputation at the same time. If you have natural content then u will get natural links automatically, that's where comes the work of Content Marketing!
    Creating natural links need creative ideas it will take some time but if you do it in a strategical way then you can get some great traffic + natural backlinks.

But one thing is true, that you need to focus on quality of the links if you really want to take on your competitors.

RULE, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  10. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Even if they don't help you, they are necessary, as it's not normal to have 100k (for example!) backlinks and all of them to be dofollow... You should build a mix of do- and no-follow backlinks! But for traffic of course they could help a lot! :)

patco, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  11. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is something discussed so many times. What you need is a real audience, real people surfing your website, posting about it, leaving links on their homepages and so on. So, just imagine your website is becoming famous, what's happening? an explosion of links, but probably many will be useless keywords and many will be nofollow. This is a natural way a website becomes famous.

12. naeemak776

naeemak776 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes if you are getting traffic with nofollow links and traffic is relevant to your blog it is better than dofollow link , so nofollow play very important role but dofllow link have its own value if you want ranking then need to get dofollow links so try to get 60% dofollow links and 40% nofollow links,

naeemak776, Aug 3, 2015 IP
  13. deepakrajput

deepakrajput Member

Best Answers:
    No-follow links helps to drive traffic on your not backlinks.

deepakrajput, Aug 3, 2015 IP
  14. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I think its matter in ranking factor too coz i saw so many website which are no follow but google giving back link from these sites too.

Aryans, Aug 4, 2015 IP