1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Broken Links

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by lillaxmomo, Jul 22, 2015.

I’m new to SEO, but very interested in learning more about it. I used a MAC tool Integrity to identify broken/bad links and came across their statuses:

503 Service Unavailable

500 Internal Server Error

404 Not Found

410 Error

403 Forbidden

A server with the specified host name could not be found

What should I do with these broken links? Implement 301 redirect? Delete them without affecting current SEO?

Would you recommend using redirection plugin for WordPress websites or use .htaccess manually?

lillaxmomo, Jul 22, 2015 IP
  2. Jacob.k

Jacob.k Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can You give more info... did you change your domain name, slugs? I have thousand questions-I don't know where to begin... so try to explain your situation better... When that appeared, what were you doing to cause this...

Jacob.k, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  3. lillaxmomo

lillaxmomo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Jacob for your help! I'm pretty new to SEO and learning one step at a time!

No domain change or slugs change. They are just external site wide links on the blog posts and on the sidebar. I'm assuming they can be deleted, except for the 404 error pages?

lillaxmomo, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  4. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are external site wide links? So they have nothing in common with your website? Say you link back to Facebook for example? If the link is broken, then just remove it! :)

patco, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  5. lillaxmomo

lillaxmomo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Patco. What about external site wide links that do have something in common with my website?

lillaxmomo, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  6. Jacob.k

Jacob.k Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you mixed something with SEO... probably you don't understand it very well... If you had some links that are "in common" with your site (whatever than means) You would know it, since it would be part of Your PBN or web 2.0 properties... I don't know what to say other than this... let me know if you need something more!

Jacob.k, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  7. coolseo36

coolseo36 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if they have something in common with your website then they are not 'external' links. They are internal broken links. :) In that case you either remove the links or 301 redirect to other related topic pages or home page. You have to decide that based on, what that page used to offer and has it got any backlinks.

coolseo36, Jul 28, 2015 IP