1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What e-commerce KPIs are the most important?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by HansTaiwen, Jul 28, 2015.

Hello there! I'm launching an online store and looking for help to clarify what KPIs are the most important for me. For now I have a set of KPIs.
    • Avg daily sales
    • Avg weekly sales
    • Sales by category
    • Avg Order Value
    • Orders per Customer
    • Average order size
    • New customer orders versus returning customer sales
    • Total Orders
    • Abandoned Carts Rate
    • Avg Cart Value
    • Gross margin
    • Average margin
    Did i miss something? Or maybe it's too much to understand how are things?

HansTaiwen, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  2. SKUlabs

SKUlabs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your list is good. I feel that average daily sales, total orders, and average margin isn't terribly helpful compared to the others. I would also add conversion rate by acquisition method (CPC, organic, referral, etc.), click-through rate on your main landing page links, and bounce rates on various steps in the sale (landing page, product page, cart, etc.).

The importance of KPIs lie in what you can do with that information. If the bounce rate on a particular page is high, you can focus on that page and figure out what needs to be optimized. If your sales are lower on Tuesdays, is there much action to be taken there?

SKUlabs, Aug 3, 2015 IP
  3. Lipipaliwal

Lipipaliwal Banned

Best Answers:
    KPI's are very important for launching an online store, I think it is very important for any business that to have a particular KPI, you sales you must see the ave weekly sales, average order size are good for business.

Lipipaliwal, Aug 4, 2015 IP
  4. N8fighter

N8fighter Peon

Best Answers:
    Good list but you don’t have to focus on too much of this. Choose one or maybe two KPIs and master them.

N8fighter, Oct 26, 2015 IP
  5. StaceyBrazen

StaceyBrazen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree! Personally, I'd start with focusing on identifying a traffic source that's controllable, repeatable and scaleable. Once you've got the traffic and sales, those KPI's will come into their own.

StaceyBrazen, Oct 27, 2015 IP