1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Page Exclusions

Discussion in 'SEO' started by lillaxmomo, Jul 22, 2015.

1. How can I find if the website is being indexed? Is there a tool for this?

2. How can I exclude pages from being indexed? I know it involves using robots.txt file and adding no index tags on pages you don’t want indexed, but how can I apply both in WordPress?

3. Is it bad if I exclude all blog pages at a health professional website from being indexed as the blog posts are not related to his practice, just mostly personal hobbies, i.e., cooking? I notice all the organic keywords are coming from his blog posts, which is not what we want.

lillaxmomo, Jul 22, 2015 IP
  2. coolseo36

coolseo36 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. You can do simple google search like, "site:example.com" (without quotes). If it doesn't return any results then site is de-indexed. You can also check a particular page like, "site:example.com/sample-page". If you have set up Google webmaster tools with the site then you can see if there is any decrease in number of indexed pages.

2. If you are using wordpress then its super easy. Just install 'Yoast SEO plugin'. It will give you option for adding noindex to any given page or category. It will also allow you to add robots.txt rules.

3. You may noindex these pages but make sure they link to main pages, so that link-juice gets carried to them. If you don't want them altogether then 301 redirect those urls to single 'about' page that can have a little para about personal interest as well.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    coolseo36, Jul 28, 2015 IP