1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

should i quit my day job for trying my luck in online marketing business ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by lucky ali, Jul 26, 2015.

Hi everyone, i am web developer and doing a day job. i got some exposure to online business and tried some affiliate business. In a month am getting some good response.
    I want your suggestion that should i quit my day job for giving my whole time and energy to my own online marketing business as i have no other income except day job salary.

Thanks

lucky ali, Jul 26, 2015 IP
  2. Nonilol

Nonilol Member

Best Answers:
    Kinda risky.
    Go the safe way: First build up your affiliate business and when you earn enough from it to make a living quit your job and expand your business.

Nonilol, Jul 26, 2015 IP
    wisdomtool, silent_1 and sarahk like this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As @Nonilol suggests, take it one step at a time. Keep your day job to pay your bills. Spend your free time building your online business. Only when your online business is producing enough steady revenues to pay your bills should you leave your day job.

You need to prove to yourself, that you can make a business out of your online work. And, the only real proof that your online business will work is if it is producing consistent, strong revenues. If you cannot make that happen, in proportion of course, on a part-time basis, then there is no reason to assume that devoting full time to it will change anything. On the other hand, if you are getting a strong return of actual money from your part-time effort, then it is possible that you could scale it up to a fulltime, well-paying position for yourself.

jrbiz, Jul 26, 2015 IP
    abdmjz likes this.
  4. Nonilol

Nonilol Member

Best Answers:
    Ask yourself these two questions before quitting your job:

Is my online business easily scalable?
    and
    Will my business still be profitable in one year and if not, will I be able to build up another one which will earn me at least the same?

Also keep in mind that having your own business often takes alot more time than a usual job in a company

Nonilol, Jul 27, 2015 IP
  5. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good response in an online business could have many number of reasons and does not necessarily show a good business plan or success route, so instead of getting all hyped and jumping on it, give it better thoughts. Spend some time and think about future of the business you are in and if it is scalable as @Nonilol said.
    Quitting a job and starting a new venture is not a decision you want random strangers on the net to make for you.

Mehdi.b, Jul 27, 2015 IP
  6. lucky ali

lucky ali Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you everyone for such nice thoughts, i have decided to keep myself safe by keeping my day job and keep my self motivated for business and keep working hard.

Thanks everyone.

lucky ali, Jul 27, 2015 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  7. mikhailblaze

mikhailblaze Member

Best Answers:
    No.

Doing so would put yourself in a limbo: you throw away stable income and replace it for something uncertain. A lot of people took related risks, and they usually ended up failing to sustain their startups and business in the long-term...they ended up folding in a span of six months.

Try to stabilize your online business first before quitting your day job :)

As a general rule, you should never give up something stable for something uncertain :)

mikhailblaze, Jul 27, 2015 IP
  8. Build Online Brand

Build Online Brand Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with @Nonilol, you've play it safe.

Since you're doing day job, you can utilize your free time to focus on business. With the help of smartphones you can do both the work simultaneously. And once you feel yourself in comfortable situation you can take decision.

But I must tell you to 'TRY YOUR LUCK'.

All the Best!!

Build Online Brand, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  9. Omarsaady

Omarsaady Guest

Best Answers:
    Do you have a high level of commitment that can enable you achieve your financial freedom doing online business?

If You do then I strongly recommend you to quit your job and focus on your new home business. It`s really funny in case you decide to burn your ships and get succeed.

Thanks

Omarsaady, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  10. lucky ali

lucky ali Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    actually there are some other factors that i have to look at . so i am keeping my commitment at my second time. and yes getting success after burning all your ships is really enjoyable.

lucky ali, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  11. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now to mess with your head, as long as you have a safety net and you know you will be safe, you will never commit 100% to something and make it a phenomenal success.
    Think about it :) :D

Mehdi.b, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  12. daftdog

daftdog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep unless you have a safety net then dont put all your eggs in the MMO business...use your salary to further your IM education and invest in yourself!!

daftdog, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  13. WANSEC

WANSEC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Keep your day job and go part time .. IF you can sustain working for yourself. Only when you run out of hours in a day make the transition.

WANSEC, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  14. rizly77

rizly77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't be in a hurry. First build good online business which the income will be higher than your day job. After that quite your day job.
    Coz there millions of competitors for you. wanna do the same. and some doing it already. so first build it and quite it.

rizly77, Aug 3, 2015 IP
  15. Tiger999

Tiger999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tiger999, Aug 3, 2015 IP
  16. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    No, don't give up a stable job, try to spend some extra time on your online marketing business, let some profit come in and then quit your job.

Andy-Jones, Aug 3, 2015 IP
  17. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why you would agree with Nonilo? :eek:
    Would you mind explain to us why? Make your post helpful for the members here and everyone will be benefited in the healthy discussions. :)

KylieSweet, Aug 9, 2015 IP
  18. Nick B.

Nick B. Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely not. Keep your job until you can just about match that income.

Nick B., Aug 9, 2015 IP
  19. Vincentas

Vincentas Active Member

Best Answers:
    i would suggest you working on your project while working the job you are getting money from to live. It is very important that before you quit everything - you are sure that the things will work out. This means you need to have a business plan first and evaluate how much the very start will cost yuo - are you able to start these business already? So I know a few people who have the same ideas as yours, but they are giving their whole free time after work for working on their big business idea. I think it might grow into something spectaculous! Just don't give up and think logically. There's no space for emotions in business.

Vincentas, Aug 16, 2015 IP
  20. Nick Lim

Nick Lim Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No one can answer that question for you, but if you have to even ponder it for a second then I would suggest to not quit. You should do both until you are certain that you can quit.

Nick Lim, Aug 17, 2015 IP
    pitdark16 likes this.