1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest $200 - Professional Logo

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by Eduard Stinga, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eduard Stinga

Eduard Stinga Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You are right - I apologize for this publicly and accept the mistake. I should have included this information.

Personally, I didn't see it as a problem at all, having mentioned that we reserve the right NOT TO choose any winner from Digital Point, if we don't like it and are 100% sure about it, which is exactly what happened. I'm not going to throw away $200 on something that I don't 100% like, especially when $200 is not really the standard here on DP for contests.

And for people's comments on the final logo that we selected - it's our own choice and we get to judge how good it is and I don't want to comment any further on this aspect.

Thanks again for all the entries and again, I am sorry if you feel you wouldn't have participated having known this beforehand. I respect designers and take them seriously, even those who clearly submitted low quality designs, which were far from what we were looking for. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been so active here to provide as much feedback as I possibly could.

Eduard Stinga, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  2. Todd Duquette

Todd Duquette Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @Eduard Stinga Thanks for the chance though, I appreciate that.
    Confused as that logo is not really anything special and definitely hope that you did not pay $200 for a literately 2 second job...
    Best wishes, and thank you once more! I'm not sure why everyone is upset? lol.

Todd Duquette, Jul 21, 2015 IP
    Eduard Stinga likes this.
  3. broadcastle

broadcastle Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This Eduard Stinga guy....Tells me that I "nailed" the style and that my submission was exactly the kind of design he and his partners were looking for. Then he selects a canned looking, out of the box font looking logo with an ordinary power button design.

This was obviously a scam. My theory is that he couldn't cough up the money, so he made that crap logo himself as an excuse. Why would he need an excuse? Because he got a ton of logo submissions which he said he actually liked, so claiming that he saw nothing satisfactory wouldn't have made sense, so he had to show us some bs logo he made as some kind of excuse lol.

I dislike this kind of trashy behavior. Have some class will ya? Come on....

broadcastle, Jul 21, 2015 IP
    johnrossgd and me2_me2 like this.
  4. me2_me2

me2_me2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Everything happened exactly like i thought! The CH saved $200.
    Done here.

me2_me2, Jul 21, 2015 IP
    johnrossgd and greenless like this.
  5. amerriaz

amerriaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok dude gtfo from dp if you dont like designers and their submission here . Next time make sure you are not going to post a contest here because this link of your scammed thread will be the first submission on your thread.
    Every designer please stay updated to his website and make sure he has not used ur hardwork.

amerriaz, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  6. iulia87

iulia87 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The CH is not a scammer, I found this contest on another site and he picked a winner. But I think it was obvious that he is not a scammer, because he provided feedback for every single design, a scammer wouldn't do this. I think the only problem is that he gave a lot of positive feedback and left the impression that he really likes some of the designs and that he will pick a winner from here. The other thing would be that the winning design is simple (but in a bad way), but it is the CHs right to choose what he likes.

iulia87, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  7. Eduard Stinga

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey Todd

Thanks, best of wishes to you as well and thanks again for all your entries in this contest. They were much appreciated. About the winning logo, for me, simple works better, even if it doesn't look very original, I wasn't trying to reinvent the wheel here. Nike's logo would take me 2 minutes to create as well, and I don't even know how to use Photoshop.

Broadcastle,

I'm sorry to see you think and feel this way. Let's get a couple of things clear. You did "nail" the style that we were after, but that doesn't mean we have to choose your design as the winning logo. One of your entries was indeed in our Top 3 choices, if that makes you feel any better. Also, liking some entries doesn't mean that I have to actually choose them, it just means that I like them and I am considering them as potential winners.

I also dislike this kind of attitude from designers. Lucky for you, I don't judge designs based on the designer's personality ;)

Thank you Nostradamus. I actually spent $300 on the logo, thank you!

Thanks for the threat, I'm gonna pretend I didn't see it and I'm not going to report you. You can check oninbox.com in ~1-2 months to see the logo that I showed you as the winner, hope you will then be able to sleep well at night knowing that I did not scam anybody.

Next time - you might consider not joining any design contest if you're going to act like a little child just because your design was not selected. It was clear from the beginning that I reserved the right not to choose a design. Those were the terms, if you're not happy with them, don't join. I don't know if this is allowed on DP, haven't read the rules, but I ran 4 other successful contests here and no designer complained about those terms ever. Plus, other places like 99designs allow you not to choose a design if you don't like it.

Thank you for your comments and for your design entry via PM Iulia, I appreciate it. And just as proof, for all the doubters out there:
    [​IMG]

I really don't understand why people get so upset. Consider this situation - I wouldn't have liked any design from 99designs, closed that contest, come here and select a winner. Nobody from 99designs would have cared. The other way around and it's the end of the world. Just some food for thought.

For those few of you who got so upset and started showing their frustration here by throwing random words like "scammer" and such and spreading their own conspiracy theories; if you want respect in the future as designers, you might want to show some respect to your clients as well.

I did pay $300 for the logo and you guys are free to dislike it as much as you want. But myself, my partner and some other marketing friends of ours, all of us run successful businesses online and we have all selected this as a personal winner. From a design standpoint, it might seem easy to make and only take a couple of minutes to create, but for us it was worth it and we think it's exactly what we needed, nothing more. We know what works best for our business, otherwise we couldn't afford to pay this much for a logo.

I knew from the beginning that it was a bit "risky" to run a $200 contest on DP, knowing that it's way above the average rate for a design contest. It was clear that with this prize, there would be quite a couple of entries, which we are very grateful for; but it was also clear that there would most probably be a bit more people disappointed that their design wasn't chosen; but we took the risk.

Again, I want to thank each and everyone of you for entering this contest, I appreciate all your entries and I am sorry it has got to this. Best wishes and best of luck to all of you in the future.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    Eduard Stinga, Jul 26, 2015 IP
  8. gibblet

gibblet Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Maannn......from the moment i saw your post i knew you're running the same contest on 99designs....I'm a designer on 99designs and I've won many contest there........It's the only place you would see design samples presented like that!! The one you provided in the Dropbox link. I was just not curious enough to dig that contest....Now I wish I would have. It would have been a treat to you....you would be getting these frustrated msgs way earlier.....that would have been fun...!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I just wanna say.......you shouldn't have run the contest here when it was already there. You simply wasted our time.
    And yes, are you dumb....???? Why would anyone even compare Digitalpoints to 99designs?????

Although my fellow designers here's the contest....... http://99designs.com/logo-design/co...and-e-mail-service-provider-504688?filter=all
    After seeing the entries, to me it feels if this guy was disclosing entries there. :mad:
    And yes people here are not worried about your 200$, It's just that it feels bad when we waste our time.:oops:

gibblet, Jul 26, 2015 IP
    johnrossgd and katesrobyn like this.
  9. broadcastle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Don't be silly Stinga. No one was questioning your right to not select a winner lol. I lose contests every day, and it's just part of the realities of entering a design contest. I just expressed my dissappointment in seeing that your feedback (about me nailing the style you were looking for and how my design was "exactly" the kind of work you were looking for), was completely misleading as to what you were looking for. Sure, I've had a few dingdong clients who said they wanted a futuristic logo and really wanted a retro or clients who thought they liked the color blue but really wanted red and so on. These are just part of the realities of clients not being completely sure of what they want. But I still have a right to find it annoying when contest holders are misleading. The logo you selected was NOT original. Nothing about the logo is original in any way. It's a circle with a line going through it. and font next to it. Absolutely no work went into the design. The examples that you provided in your contest description on the other hand exhibited uniqueness, elegance and professional artistry. The logo you selected was quite frankly one of the most uncreative designs I've ever seen. It was so identity-less and dull that I suspected that you made it up yourself just as an excuse (which you didn't need of course) to not bother selecting a winner after giving so many positive feedbacks.

I have a right to feel the way I do just as you had the right to select a completely rubbish logo. I wish you the best of luck with that! No, seriously! All the luck in the world!

broadcastle, Jul 26, 2015 IP
    Eduard Stinga likes this.
  10. Eduard Stinga

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You should probably avoid calling people dumb. It works out better for you long term, in business and in personal life. Oh yeah, and what's with that writing style?

Not really sure what you mean...?

I don't see how you wasted your time. In the scenario in which I would have selected a winner from here, nobody on 99designs would have complained that "brooo u wasted orr time....."

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  11. Eduard Stinga

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok - I understand! Next time I ever run a contest on DP, I will mention if it's exclusively here or if there's another one elsewhere. It was my mistake for not mentioning it, although I still not see how it would change things. Thanks again!

Probably not going to run any other contest here anymore though in the future - I always want to reserve the right not to choose a winning design (which I think it's fair) and I have a feeling that even if there is an exclusive contest only here, offering $200 prize money and getting 10 pages of entries + feedback and then possibly not choosing any as a winner would still get me those negative comments and mark me as a scammer, saying I ran away with the designs, etc., which I think it's better to avoid. In the end, it's actually the same thing, I close the contest here, not choose any design and still go elsewhere to get it made, just at a different time. Your winning chances are exactly the same.

All the best!

PS: Anyone who noticed from the beginning there was a contest on 99designs at the same time, could have sent me a PM saying "yo dude this suxx you shuld tell ppl" and I would have modified the first post and updated people

12. broadcastle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The winning chances are not the same for every designer participating when you're giving misleading feedback AND giving separate feedback on a completely different site. It's all relative to how people submit in contests.

greenless likes this.
  13. broadcastle

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I wonder if you even gave the same description on the other site lol. I think you apologized, so that's enough for me really. And it's good to hear you won't be holding contests here anymore to waste other nonsuspecting designer's time, if you plan on doing this nonsense again.

Cheers! :)

greenless and gibblet like this.
  14. butterfly_91

butterfly_91 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Everyone should stop this nonsense and admit that your 5-minutes-of-work entries to this contest, excepting about one or two, are not worth $10.

butterfly_91, Jul 27, 2015 IP
    Eduard Stinga and johnrossgd like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.