1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Image in Photoshop is not displaying when online

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by finite, Jul 17, 2015.

Does anyone know why when I have an image in photoshop and then upload it online, it is displaying much large in pixel size once uploaded?

I've never had this problem before, but recently switched from Windows to a Mac and am lost. The design looks perfect in Photoshop, but online it looks enlarged. Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

Thanks,

finite, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  2. finite

finite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is an example below:

In photoshop (I have to design the stuff looking at this tiny image) 300p x 44p
    http://prntscr.com/7u0ndt

Uploaded online
    http://prntscr.com/7u0nr2

The 2nd image, once uploaded appears a lot larger on the web and does not look as crisp as the original and is almost pixelated on the web.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

finite, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  3. rickruizdana

rickruizdana Member

Best Answers:
    Hi!

I think the problem is because you need to have all your images at 72dpi instead of 300, when working for web. What I do is work on a bigger size (for printing) and then flatten the image and resize to actual pixel size. I'm still here if you need help into doing that, and hope your problem gets resolved.

rickruizdana, Jul 18, 2015 IP
  4. finite

finite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Rick,

I just double checked at the resolution is set at 72 instead of 300. I have just tried to run another test and it still does not appear to be working.

Here is what the image looks like in photoshop with the image size details : http://prntscr.com/7unsh7

Here is what the image looks like uploaded online (A lot bigger and more blurry): http://prntscr.com/7unsy8

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

finite, Jul 19, 2015 IP
  5. rickruizdana

rickruizdana Member

Best Answers:
    Hi!

I replicated your image with the same exact numbers, and I got a bigger image on photoshop, similar to your uploaded image on the web. I believe it may be because you have a different zoom applied. Here's what I got: http://postimg.org/image/rs5lpazdh/

Be sure to have 100% on the bottom-left size of your window, where the zoom indicator is located. Also, you may notice that if you don't use any zoom percentage based on 25% (66.6% is a very good example of this) you'll get a pixelated image but only as a preview on photoshop. Actual pixel size and pixellation on the image may occur because the JPG compression settings.

Hope this helps a little or if is something else going on. Glad to help!

rickruizdana, Jul 20, 2015 IP
  6. Charlie Centa

Charlie Centa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    On a Mac you can use Command + 1 to get to the actual 100% size on Photoshop. Once you've done that you can resize it by clicking on Image in the top bar and then Size.

Charlie Centa, Jul 20, 2015 IP
  7. finite

finite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi All,

I have been working at the actual 100% the whole time. Please see here: http://prntscr.com/7v17u1 . I have no idea why this is happening. Very strange.

finite, Jul 20, 2015 IP
  8. finite

finite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If anyone would like to jump on a screen share and can come up with a solution, I would be more than happy to compensate you for your time. Just PM me.

Thanks,

finite, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  9. Charlie Centa

Charlie Centa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Okay, one more idea.

How are you saving the image. Are you just clicking on 'save' or 'save for web'?

Sorry if you are just trying to go through all the options

Charlie Centa, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  10. finite

finite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've tried doing both and neither of them seem work. I've also tried saving it as a different file type too. It's really bizarre what's happening. I don't get it haha.

finite, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  11. rickruizdana

rickruizdana Member

Best Answers:
    That is a mystery indeed. I just open both screenshots and layer them on photoshop, (yours and mine) and discover that on 100% the white boxes have the same size. What changes is the dialog box. Yours looks oversized and I believe that it may have something to do with your screen resolution. Somehow, when you're on zoom at 100% the white box looks smaller, but the actual size is the one you get when exporting. The blur thing, I believe, may have something to do with the JPG compression and the small file size.

So, not sure if this will fix the problem, but try to see if you have the proper resolution for your screen. Sometimes you can change it and that would affect the size you see things on your screen. Hope this helps.

rickruizdana, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  12. Charlie Centa

Charlie Centa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Are you using a desktop or a laptop?

When you press "save for web" somewhere on the right side of the image there will be a box where you can edit the size in pixels or percentage. I know the image seems to be the right size when you're working on it but check it that the pixels are correct when you save it as well.

Charlie Centa, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  13. finite

finite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like others have the same problem on a Macbook Retina version. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1245069 .Somehow with the Retina version for photoshop is throwing everything off. I thought I was going crazy. I'm surprised there is no real fix for this either...

finite, Jul 25, 2015 IP