1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site ranking for short period of time

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by necrodie, Jul 17, 2015.

Hi Fellow,

I'm a blogger running a Sports events based site. My posts/pages ranks very well without any backlink because those keywords are less saturated and less in monthly searches, only On-Page SEO is good enough to get them rank. BUT my posts/pages ranked top for 2-3 days only after that if I search any older post with same keyword then it showed on 2-3 page of Google. Can anyone explain what really is happening? Means what is the logic behind this? This is happening with other competitor websites as well, their sites also vanished after couple of days.

Secondly, how can I make my posts/pages to stay at top for longer period of time.

Please note, my targeted keywords are low searches based, so I'm ranking only based on On-Page SEO. There is no Off-Page SEO done yet.

necrodie, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  2. laurentsabbah

laurentsabbah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Maybe Google is testing the results pages, it's actually called the Google Dance. How much traffic do you get during those 2-3 days where you're on 1st page? If you get a lot it's possible Google pushes it back because they are unhappy with bounce rates and time on site on your results/website.

laurentsabbah, Jul 19, 2015 IP
  3. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of the possible reason is your competitors websites outranking your site in search results and you need to establish the website from the targeted audience by providing them great user experience from the site.

KylieSweet, Jul 19, 2015 IP
  4. pretty10

pretty10 Member

Best Answers:
    Hello necrodie,

There is something called "freshness score" that Google allows each new/fresh post to get ranked in quick time. As you're writing content with less competitive keywords, Google typically promotes your blog posts on top. This may last for a few days may be 1-2 weeks depending on the competition of your keywords as well as how others rank for the same keywords. Sometimes, it lasts for a long time even without promotion/off-page SEO. Sometimes, you'll lose that high ranking if other sites publish content on the same keywords.

I've also experienced this before. When I've started blogging for my website, I took a very less competitive keyword and wrote an article. I got it ranked in just 2-3 days on Google's front page. The only thing I did was good on-page SEO and a forum signature link. I didn't even post its link on Social media. Well, luckily that article is still on the front page of Google - may be because the keyword has very less number of searches and low competition.

Some of the other articles had exactly the same issue you have, it may be because I didn't do any efforts to sustain that rank. Well, once you've published new blog posts, it is important to work on its promotion. You can use social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Linked in, Google+ etc. You can also use forum signatures to publish your link. If you can do some quality backlinking, that would be great too. Publishing guest posts on high quality and relevant websites, blog commenting on highly reputed sites etc. will surely give you good ranking.

Hope it helps! :)

pretty10, Jul 20, 2015 IP