1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I chose a paid responsive or mobile template?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Pete, Jul 12, 2015.

I've got a decade old 180 page+ website that based on a dreamweaver template & I want to buy a mobile or responsive dreamweaver theme for it.

I'm using dreamweaver CS3.

It's mainly text & tables with few graphics, no database, no special programming. I've tried searching for a guide on how to chose a responsive or mobile theme but can't find one. I.e., what questions should I ask or consider before choosing a paid dreamweaver theme besides the look?

I.e., do I need to worry about updates? new devices that come out in a year? what i shouldn't have in the theme? Given google penalizes slow sites how can I find out how fast the theme is before I buy it? how hard will it be to customize? how difficult will it be to get my current site content in it? Other questions I should ask before I buy?

I'm not a coder, but I can tweak a bit of html code, but I can't create a theme from scratch so I want one that's pretty user friendly.

thanks

Pete, Jul 12, 2015 IP
  2. themes4all

themes4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

This is the problem of the standard websites... you MUST apply all the changes manually... There is a lot of free responsive templates (HTML5 and CSS3) but as i said, there is not a magic click-apply changes on dreamweaver..

But if you want to buy a premium one.. so test it first, take the demo link and test it on google speed Insight... :)

Goodluck

themes4all, Jul 13, 2015 IP
  3. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    You can check response themes on themeforest, if you like any, try out a bootleg and if it works well for you, you can but it.

Andy-Jones, Jul 13, 2015 IP
  4. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi themes4all,

yes that's what sadly I'm finding out. and also through running through some of the tests am realizing my theme I'm using for my 2 wordpress blogs, suffusion, after switching from thesis is slow & full of errors.

Do you know if there is any honest independent Non affiliate site ranking wordpress themes for speed?

Besides google mobile & speed & w3 tests & other speed tests are there anything else I should use to decide besides look on a theme?

Pete, Jul 13, 2015 IP
  5. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks I've seen a few there also are these sites too, lots of themes out there
    http://projectseven.com/

http://www.html5templatesdreamweaver.com/page-1.html

http://www.devfloat.com/free-responsive-html5-css3-website-templates/

http://www.i3dthemes.com/dreamweaver-templates/pcn/all-website-templates/

Pete, Jul 13, 2015 IP
  6. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    Yup, there are many good themes available at really cheaper price. But most of the developers do not include images in the theme, so make sure to check with the developer before buying the theme.

Andy-Jones, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  7. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    interesting, did not know that. I chose my first theme northern webcoders in part because of the header image which I liked. Now I likely won't use it but, just in case good to know

Pete, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  8. Nick B.

Nick B. Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely go with responsive over mobile. Google generally likes responsive sites over mobile ones and that's a trend I only see progressing into the future.

Nick B., Aug 2, 2015 IP
  9. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Nick, yes I'm definitely going with responsive, mobile seems too much grief

Pete, Aug 2, 2015 IP