1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

9 Practices Using Social Media to Promote Your Business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by (BN)Nolan, Jul 9, 2015.

I was browsing and found this article from Inc.com. The was posted in December 2014. Anyways, I found it interesting and useful as it describes some good practices for promoting your business using social media.

Social media is huge and used by millions of people daily. Taking advantage of its' popularity and promoting your business can most certainly bring you some sales.

Hopefully some of you guys get something out of this article as I did. At the very least, it's a good refresher.
    Source: http://www.inc.com/rebecca-borison/9-best-practices-for-effective-social-media.html

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    (BN)Nolan, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  2. mikhailblaze

mikhailblaze Member

Best Answers:
    True.

We can't stress the importance of social media enough nowadays, and I'd like to talk about one of her points: going for royalty instead of millions.

Most business pages on Facebook focus on getting as much followers as possible without even thinking building and fostering a relationship with their customers/followers. They seem to not know HOW to use SM as an effective communication tool. After all, it's a two-way process and if all you do is promote and promote without responding to feedback, your brand will lose its personal touch and won't establish itself in the long run.

mikhailblaze, Jul 9, 2015 IP
  3. mentat47

mentat47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social media can be a tough nut to crack, but it is an invaluable part of staking any kind of claim in the online world.

mentat47, Jul 10, 2015 IP
  4. Benjaminss

Benjaminss Peon

Best Answers:
    I did get something out of it. Thanks for the post.

Benjaminss, Jul 10, 2015 IP
  5. (BN)Nolan

(BN)Nolan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, definitely not the easiest department to work in. The main thing when it comes to social media, in my opinion, is establishing a relationship with some of your followers. Responding to their comments and posts really puts your business on a personal level with them and they tend to like it. At least I like it when interacting wit businesses over social media. But getting on that personal level, being helpful, and being active are the 3 most important things you can do when it comes to generating business with social media sites.

You're very welcome!

(BN)Nolan, Jul 11, 2015 IP
  6. angelica c

angelica c Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the big disadvantage with social media is the lack of control of content.
    Let me write clear!
    Facebook simply contain a lot of information... After 30 minutes of Facebook, what do you get out of it!?
    In general, that is.
    Of-course, Facebook also contain some vital and good information... but in general. It's a deep black hole!

Also, it all depends on your friends and what information you want to know. I don't use Facebook much, but I recently noticed a post from a distant person, about a free outdoor jazz concert. I ended up going to this concert and it was a great experience!

Of-course, this information was interesting for me in this moment. Information is also personal and differ from each individual to another. But in general, there is a lot of information in Facebook...! In other social media as well.
    For me, it's a problem. My life only has 24 hours and I can't process all that information!

angelica c, Jul 12, 2015 IP
    Mehdi.b likes this.
  7. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    I must say I agree with what you say here, indeed this was an interesting article and informative. The fact about social media is that for marketers to know
    you are walking on a double edged blade and you have to be careful not to cross the line between social sharing and selling. If people see you selling stuff and
    it becomes annoying for them they leave and that is the last thing you want. Every one in a while promotion is alright.
    Thanks for the article though, quiet nice read.

Mehdi.b, Jul 12, 2015 IP